Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
The Business Sales Department is a highly dynamic, collaborative, and entrepreneurial group within Williams-Sonoma, Inc., focused on development and execution of all business-to-business sales and marketing activities. The group is responsible for selling and marketing the company's family of brands to professional trade audiences and transacting directly with the Interior Designers, Purchasing Agents, Home Developers and Hospitality sectors.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, sales-driven individual to help build awareness and grow sales across our Trade Program. The Account Executive, Trade Program Sales position is an outbound sales role, and will report to the Senior Manager of Business Sales and Development. This positon will be based in Chicago.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Primary responsibilities include:
* Identify, prospect, and grow relationships with national and regional Interior Designers, Purchasing Agents, Home Developers and Hospitality accounts.
* Generate leads, execute outreach campaigns, establish new accounts and manage existing accounts to achieve specific sales goals.
* Educate potential customers on Williams-Sonoma, Inc. products and the benefits of our company's Trade Program and Contract product assortment.
* Develop sales presentations, create tailored solutions, collaborate with the retail partners, and draw from marketing materials to close new opportunities.
* Partner with management, internal support teams, local store teams, and other key brand contacts to execute B2B sales initiatives and support customer relationships.
* Attend tradeshows and industry events to build awareness, engagement, and ultimately drive sales.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 5+ years outside sales and account management experience.
* Entrepreneurial drive, results-oriented, takes initiative and has a passion for selling.
* Demonstrated track record of selling B2B across various industry verticals in an outside sales capacity (Contract Furniture industry experience preferred).
* Previous success in developing and presenting sales materials, making sales calls, managing territory-based campaigns.
* Team player able to navigate complex organizational structures spanning multiple business units.
* Communicates effectively with all levels, in both written and verbal form.
* Computer skills: Excel, Microsoft Word, and Power Point required. Experience with CRM software (Salesforce highly preferred).
* Travel up to 25% within defined territory.
* Bachelor's degree required.