The Account Executive role is broad in nature and its responsibilities reflect substantial variety and complexity.
- Accountable for an assigned group of clients in the reinsurance portfolio covering cyber and other specialty insurance products.
- Understand unique features of each program including deal structure, ceding commission, client/broker relationship, rating considerations, and contractual obligations.
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating with Accounting, Claims, Reinsurance Support, Marketing, I.T., Underwriting, and Compliance to facilitate successful program implementation.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with clients and brokers during implementations, renewals, and regular communication and presentations throughout the year.
- Develop and renew programs to maximize growth and profitability within scope of contract. Review production activity and profitability metrics in order to recommend improvement on programs as required.
- Maintain client and program data in underwriting and account management systems.
- Analyze submission data and develop portfolio rates.
- Prepare proposals for prospects and existing clients.
- Support leadership with presentation materials, portfolio analysis and ad-hoc projects.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (Business Admin, Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferred).
- Relevant accreditations preferred (e.g., CPCU, ARe, actuarial or financial designations).
- Minimum five years of insurance experience (reinsurance experience preferred).
- Familiarity with underwriting concepts and insurance metrics.
- Experience working with clients and brokers.
- Familiarity with cyber insurance and/or other professional lines insurance policies.
- Ability to interact positively, succinctly and professionally with all levels of internal and external clients and comfortable building a rapport with differing personalities.
- Good judgment, problem-solving, independent thinking and strong analytical abilities.
- Organized; has great attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
- Ability to handle competing demands.
- Uses time efficiently and prioritizes appropriately.
- Goal-oriented, fast learner, self-starter, and open to change as needed.
- Excellent computer skills and extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook).
- Builds constructive and effective relationships with internal and external customers.