The Account Executive is responsible for selling to and retaining an existing customer base in their assigned geography.
- Meet or exceed your monthly and annual sales and renewal targets and maintain consistently strong performance at 100% of your YTD goals.
- Effectively introduce and demonstrate Thomson Reuters products and workflow solutions
- Conduct face-to-face appointments (minimum of 8 per week), Web-Ex appointments, and conference call appointments depending on client needs, location, and client need. Appropriately log customer activity in Salesforce.com
- Maintain a sales pipeline of at least 3 times quota and accurately project deal status and close dates within Salesforce at all times.
- Develop and leverage peer and team networks to broaden our penetration in our corporate accounts and develop additional cross selling opportunities.
Competencies – Skills:
- Sales Skills: Ability to navigate a long and complex software and solutions sales cycle coupled with ability to facilitate shorter-term transactional sales cycle utilizing consultative selling skills.
- Ability to readily identify white space growth opportunities within accounts through internal data analysis and using external prospecting tools (e.g. ZoomInfo, LinkedIn, etc.) Thinks strategically to maximize activity each day including setting appointments through phone calls, e-mails and working with Business Development Representatives.
- Consultative Selling Skills: listen, ask probing questions to uncover customer needs, and quickly gain trust and credibility by providing effective market insights.
- Business Acumen: strong understanding of our customers’ business and internal workflow.
- Effective sales presentation skills: engage in two-way dialogue to effectively tie value proposition back to customer needs and tie in Thomson Reuters solutions through demonstration.
- Forecasting Skills: ability to forecast sales and renewal achievements with 90% accuracy
- Team Communication: collaborate and communicate regularly and effectively within team and across the organization.
- Relationship and Influencing Skills: ability to build relationships with, and influence all levels within an organization, including senior management.
- Demonstrate an openness and willingness to change behavior in response to new insights and situations.
- Minimum of 4-5 years direct field sales experience (sales experience in the corporate sector preferred) with exemplary track record of sales quota overachievement
- 4 year college degree required with law degree an added plus
- Strong interpersonal skills (personable and professional)
- Intermediate computer skills and ability to navigate software programs such as the Microsoft suite of solutions, Salesforce, ZoomInfo, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Motivated and competitive with a positive attitude