Duties And Responsibilities :
- Know and follow TIG policies and procedures - read and understand TIG employee handbook.
- Perform the day-to-day management functions required to provide our customers
with accurate and timely account management.
- Provide responsive support on product inquiries, including configuration
advice, product and pricing information, product allocation, and flexible
- Provide responsive support on services inquiries, including knowing TIG
capabilities and engaging appropriate individuals for developing opportunity
and proposal (Systems Engineer, Branch Manager, Bid Desk, and other corporate
Subject Matter Experts as warranted)
- The single point of contact for product procurement needs.
- Develop and maintain customer intimacy and ensure satisfaction.
- Responsible for sales of the ten core competencies: Product Acquisition,
Engineering, Help Desk, ASP/MSP, TIG Technical Training Center, ICE (furniture),
Service Department, Outsourcing Services, Supplies and TCO Lifecycle Management.
(TIG Technical Training Center is not relevant in Philadelphia)
- Responsible for managing the entire sales cycle:
Prospecting: AE is expected to formulate and execute a plan for prospecting. TIG has an extensive portfolio of WEB and hardcopy documentation as well as an extremely active Marketing Department coordinating local events, seminars, and mailings. In addition TIG is a strategic partner to most manufacturers and as such commands respect from local and regional representatives.
Account set up: AE is responsible for determining if a target account is active/inactive in our system, and then coordinating with AR to make sure the file is updated. For new accounts, the AE is responsible for securing from the client and providing to TIG’s credit department any information necessary for the credit department to evaluate the client’s credit-worthiness and setup “terms.”
Account Calls: It is highly recommend that AE engages the appropriate local/regional manufactures representative; specifically for account calls. In addition the AE has a full compliment of departmental managers to pull from in order to facilitate the most effective account call.
Product recommendation: AE is expected to be an expert in the field of product acquisition. For specific and/or technical recommendations, AE’s can engage any of TIG's core competency leads, and/or engage the appropriate manufacturer representative.
Vendor Setup: AE is expected to use existing vendors wherever possible. If a new vendor is warranted (e.g. unique product not available elsewhere), AE is responsible for completing new vendor setup form and providing vendor’s credit application to TIG Operations personnel.
Ordering: AE will be trained in TIG's CRM and AE is responsible for order entry. AE has the power to determine distribution source and negotiate pricing within TIG guidelines.
Tracking/RMAs/PODs: AE will be assigned an assistant to aid in these inside responsibilities. It should be noted that the AE is responsible for directing this person and AE is ultimately responsible for service and satisfaction issues.
AR: AE is responsible for submitting initial credit applications, updating files, and helping solve any unusual situations and/or problems. It is recommended that the AE review their AR report with their collector monthly (minimum).
Managing TIG Internal groups on behalf of clients:
- A major factor in TIG’s growth and success is our value add proposition.
- TIG has many departments involved in product acquisition and services:
Proposal Generation, AR, Purchasing, RMA etc., in order to aid the AE in their
responsibilities. Account Executives are responsible for knowing these departments’
functions and for interface and coordination with these departments on behalf
of his/her clients.
Reporting: Regular reporting is required as follows:
- Weekly salesreports
- Monthly opportunity pipeline and sales forecast
- Regular meetings with Branch Manager and/or Regional VP
- Vendor partner trainings, 75% minimum
Desired Skills And Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid verbal and writing abilities
- Industry knowledge
- Drive to excel and succeed
Years Of Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in customer relations or sales
- Minimum 2 years experience in Technology industry
Knowledge Training And Certifications:
- High School diploma / GED required; College degreepreferred
- System training required (TIG provides training)
- General Industry knowledge
- Technology Certifications and Education helpful
- Valid driver’s license required (if applicable to position)
- Draw / Commission / Exempt