The Account Executive position at Sungard AS is responsible for managing an existing book of Sungard customers, as well as prospecting for and closing sales to New Logos. We are looking for this individual to manage business relationships with customers. The goal is to leverage the tools, resources, and support structure provided to meet and exceed a revenue sales quota. This position provides an opportunity to sell leading edge solutions for one of the premier organizations in the IT industry. The Account Executive will also prospect for business with new customers, and design sales strategies around acquiring new logos.
- Manage the cultivation, execution, and delivery of high-end sales and services to an assigned base of large accounts (both existing and new clients), ensuring that all accounts have adequate information, appropriate coverage, and ultimately be responsible for customer satisfaction.
- Prospect for new logos in a regional, geographical territory.
- Actively manage the building of a pipeline within the existing large account in order to expand Sungard Availability Services penetration and provide solutions-based sales and service offering to customers.
- Manage the communication and internal coordination of Sungard AS sales support infrastructure: sales support, operations, and executive team to insure customer education and satisfaction.
- Cultivate and leverage strong partner relationships for sell-with and sell-through opportunities.
- Responsible for the development, execution, and delivery of quality solution-focused client presentations. Provide a fresh viewpoint to prospective and existing clients, grounded in Sungard Availability Services thought leadership.
- Manage the ongoing need to understand inter-related technologies that exist in the environment we sell and keep current on new technology and opportunities.
- Maintain executive level contacts, develop and manage pipeline effectively, and close relevant opportunities.
- Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company's values.
- 10+ years successful selling of enterprise IT services and offerings within a diverse account base.
- Ability to learn technical products, services, and solutions and readily apply new knowledge.
- Previous proven experience in managed services, high availability solutions, telecom, consulting, and hardware/software solution sales.
- Exceptional ability to motivate and influence key contacts and decision makers.
- Proven ability to listen, extrapolate information, and leverage resources to effectively provide solutions to customers. Service driven.
- Experience dealing with senior executives and large accounts.
- Ability to maintain and expand existing account relationships.
- Excellent ability to communicate at all levels within an organization.
- Competency in complex pursuits of high revenue clients.
- Demonstrated track record of industry experience.