Houston or Thornton
Paris Garden or London
The Product Manager will be responsible for specific services to support Sungard AS. The product manager will be responsible for all aspects of defining, launching and enhancing services and working with other functional stakeholders to ensure financial success and profitability of the services. The product manager will bring a balance of business acumen and technology understanding and will communicate and work with multiple parts of the company (including other Product groups, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Legal, IT, and Engineering) to effectively execute on a defined vision.
To lead in the development and management of allocated products and services to include; Lifecycle, product financials, product management strategy. Ensuring that Sungard AS products and services are fit for purpose, compliant, profitable and relevant.
- Product Lifecycle Management; Undertake the responsibilities of the lifecycle for Sungard AS product and services, managing their evolution and on-going development, identifying end of life/ products and services that are no longer profitable or fit for purpose, ensuring their compliance according to Sungard AS policies and ensuring the capacity management of the product set.
- Global Product Financials; Ensure the profitability of allocated products; carry out product profit target (profit and loss), create and maintain service product collateral and undertake detailed cost and revenue models, as well as analyze and report on the product success or decline.
- Product Strategy; Contribute to a strategic global roadmap for allocated products and where required create a business case to develop allocated products, identify product and service improvements to maintain capability and drive higher ROI and/or consistency of performances to customers.
- Business Case; Specify market requirements for new products and existing product enhancements by conducting market research supported by visits to prospective and existing customers. Translate an understanding of various customer needs into customer problem statements, user scenarios and product requirements. Serve as “customer advocate” in explaining the business rational for requirements to product engineering and operations teams
- Development /Design/Define Product and Feature sets; Ensure all current products are clearly defined, proactively get involved in creating product and service offerings, support investment decisions with regards to deals driving changes in products infrastructure and manage the prioritization and development of new products and features. Partner with engineering to define product release requirements, infrastructure augmentation, and capacity management
- Development & Transition; Ensure all products are taken through Sungard AS product development process and operational handover process, as well as ensure timely and accurate reporting to deployment managers. Run smaller product enhancements; establish project plans, tasks and scope of work together with success criteria for proof of concept testing required to establish feasibility of improvements to product and service offerings and provide project management support for all activities to successfully manage task resulting from change or service improvements of products and service offerings.
- Operational; Monitor the operational development of allocated products ensuring they continue to be delivered effectively and efficiently, regularly attend product and service delivery meetings as and when required and manage/oversee services improvement activities to maintain and improve the product and service offerings to Sungard AS customers.
- Sales Engagements; Engage Sales for feedback / updates on products, support sales approvals processes as required and determined by sign-off rules, support where required Pre-sales and Solution Architects and provide product support for complex deal initiatives
- Technical Knowledge; Attain a high level technical overview of allocated products capabilities and stay appraised of suppliers current and future solutions and offerings at a high level.
- Product Marketing / Proposition Management; Collaborate with Marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. This includes communicating product benefits/features as well as product positioning and competitive analysis.
- Teamwork; Work supportively with colleagues, operating in a collegiate manner at all times and in line with the Company’s values.
- Qualifications and Professional Membership
- Educated to A-Level standard or Equivalent as a minimum, Mathematics and English essential. Essential
- Vendor or industry accreditations. Desirable
- T qualifications and certifications. Desirable
- Technical Competencies (Experience and Knowledge)
- A broad understanding of technology, applications and IT including issues, standards and processes. Essential
- An understanding of virtualization (VMware, Xen), Operating Systems (Microsoft, Linux). Essential
- Strong industry and market knowledge with good competitor analysis. Desirable
- Good use of cost control and business analysis including financial management and business case development. Essential
- Strong Commercial acumen and experience in running a product P&L / business unit P&L. Desirable
- Skills and Behavioral Competencies
- Proven skills in negotiation both buying and selling. Essential
- Good oral, written and presentation communication skills. Essential
- Proven ability to work in a global virtual / Matrix team. Essential
- Well-developed customer facing skills, confident in handling internal customers, suppliers and partners. Essential
- Capable of being flexible in approach and able to apply alternative methods to overcome problems in what is a dynamic environment. Essential
- Strong team-working skills. Essential
- Special Requirements
- Willing to travel overseas (40%). Essential
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.