The Account Executive is responsible for identifying new business opportunities within IT consulting services and Project based IT solutions. Tasked with the responsibility to expand the customer base by selling IT services and Solutions in line with the company's offerings. This person should possess outstanding sales experience, honed customer service skill and a passion for selling technology services and solutions. Responsible for managing a territory and maximizing revenue for the company. Tasked with creating, developing and executing sales strategies for assigned region as well as generating accurate and realistic sales forecasts, the AE is expected to deliver consistent revenue performance and growth, and will need to opportunistically look at the market for breakout revenue opportunities.
Please note: This position does not entail the selling of hardware and software products. We are looking for someone who has sold services (intangible solutions).
Required Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering sales revenue from IT Services and Project based solutions to new clients and prospects.
- Must be passionate toward building strong customer relationships and have a proven ability to prosecute and close new business.
- Identifies and qualifies legitimate sales opportunities, providing a consultative and value-added approach to develop relationships.
- Prospect and build new business opportunities with key decision makers and managers at targeted accounts through prospecting, education, client visits, presentations and relationship building.
- Maintain a consistent pipeline of prospective business;
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- This position is for hunter focused on new account generation.
- Build long term relationships and gain the trust of clients through various techniques inclusive of, but not limited to, cold calling, networking, and referrals.
- Becomes an expert on clients' business, their competition, and latest industry news and trends.
- Reinforce a design-win culture with new clients
- Provide weekly reporting of pipeline and forecast.
- Attend and participating in sales meetings, seminars and trade shows
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience selling IT Consulting services and project based solutions
- Strong background in technical solution sales.
- Proven track record of generating new business through prospecting efforts.
- Recent history of quota achievement and large/medium account penetration and execution.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and account results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical acumen with ability to solve complex problems for customers.
- Capable of closing complicated deals from discovering sales opportunities to contract completion.
- Must be able to show consistent track record of overachieving quotas
- Willingness to travel as needed