Responsible for identifying and assessing new potential target markets and marketing the services and capabilities of Pentec’s Specialty Infusion Service to high-potential referral sources.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement established sales and marketing strategies throughout an assigned geography. This includes identifying new potential accounts and thoroughly understanding the payer landscape.
- Work with relevant accounts to provide efficient and cost-effective clinical management of their intrathecal pump patients in a way that supports Pentec Health financially. This includes the ability to manage payer mix at the account level in accordance with company goals
- Collaborates with appropriate device and pharmaceutical industry personnel as needed to ensure complete coverage of new market potential
- Works closely with Regional Sales Manager to build a strategic plan, complete with timelines and operational needs, for new market coverage and penetration.
- Works closely with Payor Relations and Regional Sales Manager to ensure proper expectations are set with referral sources regarding the payor types we accept patients from and the ratio of fully compensated to partially compensated patients.
- Secures referrals and works with nursing team to establish coverage and subsequent local staffing requirements.
- Works with Regional Sales Manager to chart future strategic direction of Specialty Infusion Division; geography, services offered, operational alignment, etc.
Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- A high degree of clinical and business knowledge of Pentec’s niche market and the ability to convey a targeted message to key healthcare personnel in a professional but convincing manner
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Account management and customer service skills that focus primarily on follow-up and follow through
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with all staff levels and with varied personalities
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and continually multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain long-term relationships with high-level customers
- Be willing and able to travel up to 65% of the time
Education, Certifications, Trainings:
· Bachelor of Science is required (MBA preferable)
· 3+ years of medical sales experience (management experience preferable)
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Intermediate computer skills with programs such as Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
General knowledge of specialty infusion or home care business