Account Executive - Western PA
AdaptHealth is a premier full-service home medical equipment company in the United States – offering a full-scope of cost-efficient HME and respiratory care products and services that aim to keep patients comfortable and thriving in their own homes. We are dedicated to pursuing better and use technology, process and the power of our national network to do so. We have a relentless commitment to using innovation to transform the durable medical equipment industry, break the status quo and provide the best quality care.
The Account Executive is responsible for: building relationships with referral sources to generate steady referrals that meet sales quotas; ensuring continuity between the community physician practice or post-acute setting and the home setting in order to maximize patient satisfaction of home health services; optimizing patient safety, comfort, and well-being; improving awareness and confidence among healthcare professionals, physicians and patients regarding current home health options and capabilities; and coordinating referrals to ensure timely admission and appropriate patient care based on doctor’s referrals.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts daily sales calls to establish new and maintain ongoing business with referral sources in the medical community.
- Works with Sales Leadership to validate and develop territory call plans to grow business.
- Builds long-term, trusting relationships with referral sources.
- Promotes products and services provided to all health care professionals that they may encounter daily.
- Educates referral sources on the use of products and services provided by AdaptHealth.
- Collaborates with intake, customer service, document collection as well as other functional areas within the company to help process orders and drive sales growth.
- Communicates and explains Medicare and private insurance procedures, pricing information, and product information to referral sources.
- Generates a steady stream of referrals, selling all offered services, to meet sales quotas for this position and territory.
- Creates, executes, and manages a territory call plan, and shares plan weekly with Director.
- Documents call plan and results when and where available.
- Increases referral volume from assigned accounts by promotion within business lines and cross selling among business lines through regular and ongoing solicitation/facilitation of referral orders from assigned accounts.
- Understands and maintains focus on most profitable business lines.
- Works with the Intake team to obtain complete referral information and medical documentation to ensure complete, accurate and timely processing of referrals.
- Accepts referrals based on a current knowledge and understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance reimbursement guidelines for services and/or equipment.
- Suggests alternative equipment as warranted based on reimbursement limitations.
- Acts as a resource to all external customers to facilitate resolution of AH patient issues in coordination with members of the operational teams within AH to assure optimal patient and referral source outcomes.
- Evaluates interrelationship of referral source, medical team and reimbursement concerns and strives to make fact-based, balanced decisions.
- Participates in obtaining MD orders/signatures for appropriate documentation and original prescriptions while on-site when the Intake team is unable to do so.
- Works closely with leadership and sales team to identify trends and capture suggestions made by the community referral sources.
- Conducts sales & service rounds in assigned facilities promoting availability for order processing, set-up, and patient equipment education. Assists in obtaining referral source profile information.
- Identifies programs or initiatives that potentially could increase company revenues, decrease costs, and/or increase referral source/patient satisfaction.
- Retain knowledge of and consistently adhere to procedures for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), infection control and hazardous materials handling.
- Shares information and expertise with peers to enable them to be effective.
- Participates in team meetings as requested.
- Completes assigned compliance training and other educational programs as required.
- Maintains compliant with AdaptHealth’s Compliance Program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Competency, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of DME, Diabetes, Incontinence services, products and industry
- Motivation for sales
- Strong persuasion skills
- Excellent relationship building skills and personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Mental alertness and the ability to properly treat confidential information.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience in B2B or B2C Sales.
- Five (5) years of work-related experience in Healthcare Sales is required.
- Three (3) years DME, Diabetes, Incontinence experience is preferred.
- Exact job experience considered must be DME, Diabetes, Incontinence Sales.
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license in the state of residence
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stretch, stand, and sit for extended periods.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands and/or fingers due to extensive computer use.
- Work environment may be stressful at times, as overall office activities and work levels fluctuate.
- Subject to long periods of sitting and exposure to computer screen.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, loud noise, extreme heat/cold, direct, or indirect contact with airborne, bloodborne, and/or other potentially infectious pathogen
- May be exposed to angry or irate customers, patients, or referral sources.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds as needed.
- Physical and mental ability to provide clinical assessments
- Requires travel throughout service area and use of personal vehicles
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Paid Time Off