Account Executive, Public Sector Accounts (Pittsburgh, PA)
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success. Team members can expect from Dell continuous learning/training to aid in your success. Top performers can expect to earn opportunities for career advancement or lateral job changes that will continue to invigorate and develop you.
We are currently seeking an Account Executive to manage education and healthcare accounts in the Columbia territory. The Dell Account Executive (AE) is a field sales role that will be responsible for growing business with targeted customers. The AE is responsible for developing a territory plan, sales call strategy, and growing new lines of business. The successful candidate will effectively communicate Dell's value proposition, strategies, services, and products to customers while selling Dells full portfolio of offerings. The Account Executive will lead a virtual sales team, as well as work with multiple cross-functional organizations to meet the needs of the customer. For Dell, customer satisfaction is paramount, and the AE will need to lead resolution of issues when necessary.
- Responsible for growing business with existing Dell customers
- Demonstrate leadership building and managing teams in support of customer opportunities
- Proactively positions a positive business outcome to the customers current business problem
- Drive and execute market and account management activities, qualifying and developing sales opportunities, leading an account team and leveraging specialty resources and partners
- Drives vertical expertise within the segment and facilitates feedback to the product group and business operations on customer requirements.
- Penetrate addressable whitespace in existing accounts
- Engage strategic channel partners for resources, fulfillment, and account management
- 8+ years of related experience in a relationship selling role with 4+ years in a field sales capacity with a Bachelors degree
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales quota
- Demonstrated ability to deliver practical business solutions based on enterprise understanding of the customers operational capability and total asset/value portfolio
- Extensive experience of senior commercial relationships in major accounts
- Strong business acumen with network of existing customers, partners and business contacts
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
-Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.