The Account Executive ProServices (AEP) is primarily responsible for driving and increasing Pro business sales with assigned customers. The AEP is the primary sales representative responsible for sales to large regional business. As such, the AEP is responsible for growing, developing, maintaining, and managing the overall relationship with large regional businesses, home offices, branches of national customers, and existing business accounts on behalf of Lowe’s ProServices. This responsibility requires a minimum of 85% of time spent at the customers’ job sites and business locations, including meeting with and further developing business customer relationships. Through this effort the ultimate goal of the AEP is to increase Lowe’s ProServices sales penetration with assigned customers. The AEP will also have responsibility for working collaboratively with ProServices store teams and store management teams who support the AEP’s sales growth efforts by serving as the fulfillment center and local relationship contact for the AEP’s assigned customers. The AEP will also serve as a key partner in driving both Corporate Account Sales and Government Sales by managing and supporting relationships and/or sales opportunities at the local level. These customer opportunities may include other customers besides the AEP’s assigned account list, but include a key function to drive overall corporate sales initiatives. The AEP position is also responsible for collaborating directly with and actively involving the Divisional ProServices Director, AEP peers, and applicable Market Directors in their territory on sales and service opportunities and new business leads and generation.
• Works on assigned business customers by calling them, engaging them through meetings at their place of business or jobsite, making sales proposals, developing estimates, and determining customer needs for product and services.
• Schedules and conducts on-going follow-up on sales opportunities.
• Thinks outside the box on business development opportunities with customers, not just focusing on the next order, but instead truly working with customers on how we can better partner with them and make it easier to do business with Lowe’s.
• Increases new business sales by following up with and developing large and regional corporate account customer leads in assigned territory, including calling, visiting, introducing services, exploring options to gain additional share of wallet, and following up.
• Collaborates with the Market Director and Store Manager to identify and bring awareness to operational opportunities identified by the Pro customer allowing the local management team to take action, and staying connected with the customer, continuing to provide feedback until the issue is resolved. Communication/Representation
• Maintains a minimum of a two week customer-visit schedule and keeps track of customer interactions, including comments and follow-ups, through Lowe’s customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
• Regularly leverages the AEP community to share knowledge, communicate wins, and collaborate with the entire AEP team and other teams at Lowe’s.
• Communicates with Divisional ProServices Directors or Corporate Account Executive in assigned territory to determine sales opportunities through analysis of corporate accounts database.
• Communicates issues and opportunities for products used by Pro business customers to corporate inside sales team in order to customize sales opportunities and source desired products in the market.
• Serves as a representative at appropriate Corporate Accounts and Government focused events Maintain
• Maintains base knowledge of industry standards (i.e., building code, terminology, residential vs commercial requirements, product specifications) for ProServices and products.
• Researches and analyzes the market to ascertain competitive service levels and price ranges in order to leverage trends and better serve customers. Business Influence
• Meets or exceeds customers’ expectations, looking for ways to improve their experience, while creating a seamless experience by understanding how the Account Executive ProServices role, team goals, and daily activities fit into the company vision.
• Drives for results by consistently achieving goals and pushing to complete tasks by their deadlines.
• Works cross-functionally to manage and organize work processes to ensure most efficient work flow.
• Collaborates well with the Corporate Accounts and Corporate Inside Sales teams for support of both Corporate Accounts and AEP customers. Self-Development
• Organizes resources and information in an efficient manner to handle competing demands and accomplish objectives.
• Strives for continuous improvement in soft skills (i.e., sales techniques, presentation skills, time management).
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• 4 year degree in Business or related field and 4 years relevant professional sales experience OR 6 years relevant professional sales experience
• 2 years of experience selling products and services to strategic accounts
• 2 years of experience in the home improvement, construction, or property maintenance industry
• Valid state issued driver’s license
• Ability to successfully complete a Motor Vehicle Records screen
• 2 years of experience working as a Lowe’s employee OR 2 years sales experience in the Maintenance, Repair, & Operations or Construction industries
• 2 years of experience working indirectly with field management but having influence into their area of responsibilities
• 2 years of experience indirectly leading a sales team
Job ID 1274824BR