Account Executive - Professional Services
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Account Executive – Professional Services – NYC, NY
Our client is a NYC-based IT consulting firm specializing in the design and integration of virtualization solutions across the enterprise. They are globally recognized as the go-to professional services firm for virtualization of IT infrastructure, business applications and desktop systems.
The Account Executive, Professional Services is responsible for driving professional services and managed services sales in new accounts. He/She prospects for and penetrates customer accounts, uncovers and enunciates the business and financial value of consulting engagements, and closes deals.
This individual should be excited and committed to driving services sales and will make introductions but not be involved in the product sales process.
- Identify, qualify, and close consulting opportunities at new and existing New York metro accounts
- Convert leads to customers while continuing to nurture ongoing client spend on technology initiatives
- Contribute to engagement scoping and value proposition
- Deliver a compelling conversation to any level within the client organization (C-Level to Engineer) to reframe IT needs in financial and business terms that create the rationale and drive urgency for services engagements
- Influence selection criteria and differentiate service providers to reinforce the company brand and close
- Meet or exceed revenue and gross profit goals from accounts
- Build strong long-lasting relationships of trust and respect with vendors, clients and employees
- Drive collaboration between company resources, leadership and vendors to exceed customer expectations, mitigate risk and drive profitability
- Notify management of issues and recommend solutions
- Maintain the CRM system with current and accurate customer, forecasting and sales information
- Prospecting for services accounts and engagements
- Listening to clients’ business needs and drivers to transition into leading roadmap conversations
- Asking clarifying questions to clients around budgets, decision processes, and success criteria
- Reframing technical processes and capabilities into business and financial terms
- Demonstrated ability to conduct compelling conversations with clients
- Strong understanding of financial and business models
- Solid understanding of technical products and IT operations
- Outstanding business savvy and emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication skills: able to clearly communicate by phone, email, proposals, presentations and face-to-face meetings with multiple organizational stakeholders, individually and in groups
- Ability to work independently within client organizations
- 5+ years successfully selling professional services and consulting engagements to mid-size and enterprise companies in the New York Metro area
- Demonstrated ability to close consulting services deals with clients
- Previous consulting experience
- Previous IT management experience
- Experience developing or coordinating the development of proposals
- Able to build executive client relationships
- Creative and commission-motivated mindset
- Able to work in a high-profile, stressful environment on client schedules
- Presents a professional image, is personable, honest, enthusiastic and energetic
- Committed to continuously building business, technical knowledge and skills
- BS degree or equivalent work experience
This position offers a competitive base salary combined with a generous commission structure, additional incentives and a comprehensive benefits package to eleigible employees.
Eagle Technical Staffing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Eagle Technical Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Eagle Technical Staffing expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Eagle Technical Staffing's associates to perform their job duties may result in disciplinary action as deemed appropriate by management.