dataxu is looking for a driven, focused and high impact Account Executive to join our growing revenue team focusing on driving adoption of the dataxu programmatic platform among self-serve clients. In this position, the Account Executive will be responsible for driving new business and growing existing business of the dataxu platform, while maintaining overall satisfaction of our clients.
In this role, the Account Executive educates new clients on the benefits of dataxu's technological capabilities in-house, and leverages industry knowledge to create demand, and persuade through the creation and presentation of compelling purchasing rationales.
On the Job
- Develop and maintain strong active relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels.
- Understand agency, advertiser, data and vendor landscapes and trends.
- Understand and effectively communicate dataxu's value proposition to bring programmatic in-house and key differentiators in our market.
- Plan, direct and coordinate sales activities, including management of the sales pipeline, for a defined territory.
- Ensure all targeted prospect/client contacts and engagement opportunities are recorded and accurately tracked in Salesforce.com.
- Regularly involved in all phases of the sales life-cycle including: identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions; financial deal structuring; contract negotiation and closing; fostering relationships to increase adoption of dataxu platform among current client base.
- Collaborate and communicate with the Platform Solutions team to ensure clients are getting the training & education they need to be successful within the dataxu platform.
- Experience selling in the ad tech industry, specifically programmatic, and strong understanding of the underlying technology – how it works, how money is made.
- Proven track record of sales success in the digital advertising business (preferably ad serving, data, exchanges, SaaS or SEM).
- Excellent sales skills including the ability to create and build relationships across the digital advertising space.
- Strong analytical and consultative skills, along with effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Diligent work ethic. Must be self-motivated and able to take proactive initiative to get the job done.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills, both with internal colleagues and external clients.
- Ability to make frequent travel.
- Bachelor's Degree required as well as 3-5 years of selling experience, specifically in the ad tech industry.