- Works with RVP of Sales in evaluating and qualifying new business opportunities as to profitability and strategic impact on the pharmacy and the region in order to achieve annual revenue goal.
- Works with RVP of Sales in identifying business opportunities through sales calls, referrals, targeteting reports and CRM and in communicating (verbally and in writing) with skilled nursing, assisted living, subacute and managed care organizations to assess market needs.
- Works with RVP of Sales in finalizing contracting, coordinating startup of new account and transitioning account services to pharmacy operations, upon obtaining service commitment from client.
- Works with RVP of Sales to utilize marketing segmentation information in developing strategic territory plans and executes those plans to budget time effectively and target high potential prospective customers.
- Works with RVP of Sales and local Pharmacy Director to maintain and strengthen customer relationships by providing ongoing support and value to customers through PharMerica products and services.
- Communicates with other pharmacy teammembers (Account Manager, consultant pharmacist, and pharmacy staff) to uncover leads and resolve customer service concerns.
- Completes sales, reporting, and contracting for new business and other administrative procedures as determined by the RVP of Sales in a timely and accurate manner.
- Successfully completes all components of sales training and implements sales process and procedures, such as pre-call planning, etc., into everyday practice.
- Participates in local, state and national industry trade shows as required to grow area of responsibility.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Long Term Care experiencepreferred.
- 2 or more years of prior sales experience background required
- 3-5 years of prior healthcare sales, medical equipment sales, consumer products and services/solutions sales experience a plus.
- Experience selling and negotiating contracts for products and services a plus
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite including: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Must have valid driver's license and willint to travel 75%.
- Must be results orientated, adaptable, product/service knowledgeable, organized, and have good oral communication skills.
Accelerate Your Career with PharMerica!