The Health Care Account Executive is responsible for client relationship and service delivery at the insurance program level, focused on clients in the Healthcare industry.
The Account Executive marshals Willis Towers Watson resources to provide coordinated service and placement to meet the client’s insurance and risk management needs. Because of the Account Executive’s strong connection to the client’s business and fundamental understanding of the healthcare industry, this relationship is a business partnership with client decision makers.
Through their understanding of the business, the Account Executive identifies cross selling opportunities and maximizes the profitability of the account. This role is targeted to be engaged in client interaction approximately 70% of the time or higher.
- Develop and strengthen client relationships
- Identify, engage and integrate delivery of all WTW internal resources to deliver on the client experience
- Provide strategic planning and consulting advice to clients; monitors insurance and risk management needs in collaboration with WTW resource, practice and industry groups. Recommend appropriate solutions throughout the policy term (including acquisition due diligence).
- Build and develop market relationships in collaboration with broking and sales
- Increase (maximize) the profitability of the client account & drive retention of that business
- In collaboration with producers, actively expand existing client relationships and participate in new business prospecting
- Engage with sales and broking to understand marketplace changes
- Design, prepare, negotiate and deliver fee/compensation agreements to clients
- Drives the RFP response process, including review, identification and coordination of line of business groups and document ownership
- Design and deliver full client presentations/proposals, client advocacy reports, client service plans and schedules
- Coordinate team members efforts to ensure timelines are met for all deliverables
- Drives the renewal process to establish and implement the client-specific renewal strategy. Collaborates with WTW resource, practice and industry groups to develop and deliver renewal to clients.
- 7+ years of insurance experience in a client-facing role with healthcare experience, captive experiencepreferred
- Property & Casualty insurance knowledge/experiencerequired
- Experience with large healthcare systems and physician groups required
- Able to apply knowledge of coverage forms in the analysis of program design, the identification of coverage gaps, and ongoing coverage consultation
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and present models
- Relationship Management skills; able to leverage internal and external relationships to bring WTW resources and assets tailored to client needs; ability to drive conflict resolution
- Negotiation skills: Ability to develop innovative and creative solutions to do complex deals, drive consensus across internal and external stakeholders to close deals
- Business Acumen; knowledge of strategy, tactics, and solutions for the client, and/or in the marketplace
- Knowledge of commercial insurance renewal end to end process steps and owners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; group presentation skills, ability to drive complex/technical conversations
- Receptive to feedback; critical thinking and problem-solving skills, high adaptability
- Effectively advocates for change. Provides encouragement, takes control of team projects, leads key work areas, collaborates with others, and provides clear guidance to ensure others fulfill roles effectively.
- Excellent project management skills; end to end oversight of large, complex, multi-dimensional projects
- Basic MS Office skills and familiarity with other relevant online tools
- Insurance broker’s P&C license required
- Insurance industry designations preferred but not required (CPCU, ARM, CIC, CRM)