A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for one of the most respected publishers of online business information and data.
Company / Role:
We are a world leading provider of online professional information, data and intelligence solutions in the Aviation, Science, Medical, Legal, Finance, Risk and Business sectors.
One of our award winning divisions has truly exciting & aggressive expansion plans after launching in the US several years ago. The NY office has reached capacity and now we are looking to hire throughout the rest of the country. We have opportunities in San Francisco and New York City.
Department & Location:
Working in our San Francisco or Manhattan office's and reporting to the Vice President of Sales, Americas, you will assist our West Coast Regional Team Leader in developing the western region of North America. It is essential to have thorough knowledge of business operations in these sectors in order to communicate with C-level decision makers.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Selling business information and consulting at different steps along the value chain
- Developing a salesnetwork by conducting business development calls and where necessary arranging client meetings
- Managing short and long term sales cycles through to completion
Key Skills Required:
- Proven salesexperience
- Professional attitude and good presentation skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Good cold calling skills and a talent for creating new business opportunities
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and a capacity to use complex software products
- Flexible and imaginative approach to challenges of reaching a global prospect base
- Sales background in online services provider highly preferred (selling data subscriptions)
- Familiarity with business models
- Proven track record in creating and managing a new business pipeline essential
- Have led or supported a consulting sales process
- Experience or desire to work in a small business / entrepreneurial environment; ability to work independently
As well as having the opportunity to spend your working days with some really great people, we’ll pay you a competitive salary along with a bonus on achieving your personal goals. We have a generous benefits package including health insurance and paid vacations.