The Account Executive will promote Myriad Oncology molecular diagnostic and pharmacogenomics testing products in addition to the concept of personalized medicine (PGx) to both academic and community-based physicians, as well as mid-level practitioners.
- Selling the physician on the value of different molecular diagnostic tests and interpretation
- Providing In-Service training to office staff
- Working with local phlebotomy providers to streamline specimen acquisition
- Delivering local talks and arranging peer to peer programs to groups that want to learn more
- Coordinating with local health plans that are most relevant to these practices
- Must meet expense budget and administrative requirements
- Utilize Territory Planning Tools for strategy and planning including target accounts, frequency of calls, etc.
- Must update Salesforce (CRM) to track targeting, frequency, messaging and strategic/tactical information
- Attend regional meetings and Oncology conferences as planned
- BS/BA degree required ideally in a related field of study
- 3+ years in the health care selling arena of bio-pharma, molecular and/or blood test diagnostics or capital equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Documented successful track record in sales; history of being a top-level performer in prior roles
- Proven ability to manage ever-increasing responsibility and sustain growth
- In-depth product knowledge and knowledge of disease states in current field of expertise
- Ability to travel and do overnights as needed
- Models the “consultative sales” approach; recognized by others for excellent selling and presentation skills
- Effective at overcoming obstacles and challenges utilizing problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of coverage and reimbursement issues
- Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Valid Driver’s License
Physical & Lifting Requirements
- Lifting Requirements - medium work or exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pound of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force consistently.
- Physical Requirements - stationary positioning, moving, operating, ascending/descending, communicating, observing, reaching and repetitive motion.
- Use of equipment and tools necessary to perform essential job functions.
- Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions - exposure to fumes, dust, extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid, noise, vibration, mists or gases, mechanical hazards, chemical hazards, electrical hazards and radiant energy hazards. OSHA category II – normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue, but exposure or potential for exposure may occur.