We’re happy to announce that as part of our efforts to embrace, adapt, and provide more flexibility to our team members—Nexient will be adopting a new set of work models. Whether it’s fully remote, hybrid, or full-time at the office—you now have the option to choose the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences. You are not locked into any selection and can make changes at any point if needed.
Don’t only dream about what’s next – come build it with us!
Nexient specializes in bringing a “Product Mindset” to our work, using small, nimble teams, Agile thinking and other techniques from product development to build great custom software people love to use.
And as America’s leading 100% US, 100% Agile software services partner, we’re building it here instead of sending tech jobs offshore.
People are noticing.
Our clients include some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services and more – but also some very cool product companies you may not have heard of yet. We’re recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HfS Hot Vendor and the only 100% US tech company in the World’s Top 100 Outsourcers. You might have read about us in The New York Times.
· Silicon Valley innovation (through our Bay Area innovation hub, and network of startups and emerging technology partners)
· Scalable, Midwest delivery (with 100+ Agile teams in high talent cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan)
· Onsite collaboration (with product managers and other key roles working face-to-face with client teams around the country)
Come build with us!
Nexient’s Account Executives are responsible for promoting and our company's services. This critical role identifies and researches potential clients, generates leads, engaging with prospects, describes our services and closes sales. Nexient’s approach is highly collaborative an often requires our account executives to orchestrate and execute across an array of client and internal personnel, building deep and lasting relationships along the way. This position will be based in the pacific northwest region.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Generate $3-$10M in bookings
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with clients and partners by understanding focus and needs, and anticipating them in advance
- Actively facilitate and collaborate with the General Manager, Client Partners, Consulting Directors and other leaders to grow revenue and expand existing accounts, particularly in finding new buyers
- Learn and understand Nexient’s go-to market, key service offerings, sales plays, messages and motions; be able to lead walk through of Nexient’s standard corporate presentation with customers and prospects
- Identifying, qualifying and closing new accounts/logos and opportunities in the designated region, with the ability to travel to other states within the region
- Hire, lead, manage and hold accountable account executive(s) in the region once promoted to a level where hiring fits the model
- Manage total sales performance for the region, inclusive of pipeline health
- Drive/lead coordinated regional marketing efforts in tight partnership with GM, CRO and Marketing
- Coordinate/co-lead renewal and expansion SOWs as needed
- New logo demand generation, in collaboration with Marketing
- New logo lead generation through various motions & activities as defined by the company and/or the individual
- Acquire new logos or new buying centers of existing logos
- Ensure Nexient’s CRM is sustained as the single source of truth
- Participate and/or lead in account planning, and take ownership of establishing, following up, managing and executing on contact plans
- Participate and contribute to weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and account planning meetings/calls
- Generate leads and follow-up to qualify, disqualify, nurture, and ultimately close opportunities. Expected lead gen activities include, but not limited to:
- Attend conferences and events as requested or needed
- Generating lists and cold calling
- Call personal contacts and generate referrals
- Actively leverage connections of Nexient employees at all levels and Nexient’s board of directors and turn those into leads wherever possible
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of overall experience selling professional, consulting, digital, and/or IT services with proven track record of exceeding quota.
- Sound decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization; ability to facilitate problem resolution within all levels of an organization and across organizations.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with ability to communicate with senior executives, partners, and customers.
- Solid organizational, planning and follow up skills, including attention to detail, timely communications and ability to multi-task.
- Strong persuasion skills to align client problems with Nexient solution offerings.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability; works independently and professionally without much guidance.
- Candidates with one or more of the following preferred:
- Strong knowledge of SaFE/Agile/Scrum
- Experience selling SOW based work with teams vs. pure staff augmentation
- Owns existing rolodex that candidate can call on to sell Nexient services
- Familiarity and practical experience utilizing elements of the “Challenger Sale” methodology