More information about this job:
Will be responsible for covering large national distributors in support of Snap-on Industrial Brands. Candidates that reside in the greater Cincinnati, OH, Indianapolis, IN, Charlotte, NC or Chicago, IL area are encouraged to apply. Other candidates located near a major airport will also be considered.
- Key account management and service
- Exceptional planning, organizing & scheduling skills to service both internal and external customers.
- Accountable for scheduling resource allocation and management of dedicated sales specialists on location to assigned accounts or events.
- Create & professionally present (internally and externally) to all levels within an organization sales programs, products and solutions.
- Promote operational effectiveness through support of Distribution, Government, Education, other specialized accounts, programs and initiatives where they best serve the Customer and Company.
- Make regular contacts with customers providing prompt, courteous and competent service by:
- Analyze all accounts, contracts and develop strategies for growth and profitability.
- Negotiate ethically on price, terms and conditions consistent with Industrial Nat’l Accounts/Business unit values and strategies. Work with Contract Administrator to insure compliance.
- Penetrate existing accounts to expand market share.
- Maintain Company customer contact database
- Provide exceptional customer service and create solutioneering strategies
- Create accurate quotes, generate orders, reference information via various systems
- Manage consigned inventory levels within established parameters; manage Accounts Receivables in accordance with established Company guidelines
- Implement expenses controls where applicable.
- Prepare requisite reporting (call reports, trip reports, expense reports, customer call documentation etc.) as required or directed by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, Master's degreepreferred
- Minimum 5 years outside Industrialsalesexperience, preferably in both direct and distribution segments and/or prior experience working with large national distributors.
- Strong leadership skills required with previous supervisory experience in leading outside sales reps.
- Demonstrated success in managing increased responsibility and achieving required goals.
- Strong understanding of sales strategy and the ability to implement territory management.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Impeccable personal presentation; ability to present effectively and appropriately, internally and externally to all levels in an organization from shop floor to executive level.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving year-over-year increases in team sales.
- Must be PC proficient, including use of Microsoft Office suite products- Word, Excel, Outlook, as well as PowerPoint.
- Must be proficient in the various company and vendor software programs for quoting, ordering and referencing information.
- Must have valid driver’s license with impeccable driving record.
- Physical requirements apply.
- This position requires 50% travel, some of which will be overnight
- Knowledge of the industrial tool market, a plus
Snap-on offers a competitive compensation package, which includes a base expense plus sales bonus opportunity. In addition, Snap-on offers a complete benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k Savings plan and a retirement plan. Snap-on offers a drug free work environment and welcomes all qualified candidates to apply. Local candidates are also encouraged to apply, since we are not offering relocation at this time, nor is this position eligible for the employee referral program.