USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you’ll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
Wisconsin Media, PART OF THE USA TODAY NETWORK, is Wisconsin’s Media Marketing Company. We combine the largest news and information audience in the state with the top-multi platform marketing experts to provide businesses with a single partner with one purpose, to help them grow
This position is responsible for meeting and exceeding advertising goals for Wisconsin Media across all advertising platforms, according to Gannett’s World Class Sales standards and MVP behaviors. Revenue is to be achieved through direct sales efforts to existing, inactive and new clients using print, digital and social media solutions.
Objectives include selling multi-media advertising solutions which include an effective digital and print product mix through the use of verbal and written sales presentations with strategies and ideas, conducting needs assessment interviews with clients and maintaining profitability by following rate guidelines and limiting sales error adjustments. This position must exercise effective planning and forecasting of and digital and print sales revenue.
- Account owner who exhibits the core competencies of Results, Strategy, Sales Skills, Communication, Collaboration.
- Provides leadership to the account team to plan and execute multimedia marketing strategies including prioritizing and assigning workflow to meet team deadlines; developing and delivering ideas and solutions that provide and deliver ROI to clients, execute strategies for selling effectively against the competition, resolving issues pertaining to strategy and execution.
- Increases share of market in the financial advertising segment by successfully selling advertising to new and existing accounts within an assigned territory/list.
- Develop ongoing relationships with clients - identify needs and opportunities to provide sales solutions for customers.
- Achieve monthly/quarterly/annual revenue and strategic product goals.
- Maintain and expand current “active account” customer base and mix of product sales in order to increase market share.
- Develop strong professional relationships with key decision makers of each account and be aware of their spending plans with Wisconsin Media and competitive media. Utilize these relationships to uncover opportunities and strengthen commitment for Wisconsin Media products.
- Develop strong sales presentations and creative marketing ideas for existing and new accounts utilizing the services of the marketing team through the use of other departmental resources (i.e. ad creation, research, etc.)
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of competitive media. Know current rate structures, strengths and weaknesses of each and market trends.
- Sells all Wisconsin Media business offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- History of driving results.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Fundamental and Challenger sales skills.
- Strong 2-way communication skills.
- Self-motivated agilesales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- 4+ years outside salesexperience including experience selling multimedia advertising with primary focus on large industry accounts and digital. Proficient in face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Demonstrated leadership, team collaboration, and interpersonal skills, effectively working with others.
- Experience presenting multimedia campaigns to local accounts and experienced in negotiating contracts.
- Specific industry knowledge of competitive media, financial industry trends.
- Understanding of digital media platforms. Knowledge of web development and mobile advertising, SEO, SEM, email marketing and social media advertising.
- Presentation skills, with the ability to promote and sell concepts to customers.
- Must be able to work through objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets and selling strategies.
- Knowledge/experience with Salesforce.compreferred.
- Proficient with computers, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Internet. (Windows environment and solid use of online for digital products and ads)