- Sell Group Benefits products and services through brokers and direct to customers in the 5,000+ life group benefits market.
- Maintains and grows the book of business through proactive product sales, upsells, and renewals, within assigned territory. Maintains ongoing relationship with existing customers and brokers. Partners with key internal resources (Client Service team) to identify opportunities to grow the existing relationship.
- Develop a strategic sales approach to solve client needs through the identification of buying influences, risk factors and business objectives.
- Recognize, shape and deliver profitable deals and anticipate strategic developments to the mutual benefit of the customer and MetLife.
- Leverages the full suite of MetLife’s benefit offerings to position multi- product offerings for comprehensive benefit solutions.
- Participates in strategic account planning processes to build lasting reciprocal relationships with clients through open communications around mutual objectives.
- Effectively partners and collaborates with MetLife’s Product, Marketing, Client Services, Legal and Enterprise Relationship Management and Finance organizations.
- Provides financial consultation to client organization, and gives consideration to financial decision making for MetLife and client organization.
- 5+ years previous experience successfully selling/servicing related products.
- Ability to attain appropriate licensing as required
- Life & Health licenses required
- Property & Casualty licenses or willing to obtain within six months
- Series 6 & 63 required or willing to obtain within one year
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent partnership and influencing skills
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Highly skilled at listening to customer needs and translating into workable solutions
- Ability to probe for additional detail and to identify root cause or unstated needs
- Strong understanding of MetLife products and services
- Strong financial acumen around product earnings
- Strategic and creative thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills and highly developed ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Highly adaptable and capable of working in a very fast-paced, dynamic environment