Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform how the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our teams partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
This Account Executive (AE) Vertical Markets will be responsible for developing and closing new business (use cases) by selling DocuSign's services to targeted accounts within the Financial Services, Healthcare, Education, or Legal/Not-For-Profit verticals. They will acquire new customers and sell additional use cases, products and services into existing accounts. AEs are accountable for exceeding monthly/quarterly quota, forecasting accuracy, closing, and driving adoption/usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams and partners.
This position reports to the Regional Vice President, Majors.
- Serve as the primary driving force in company’s revenue and customer success objectives through the attainment of assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quota
- Conduct discovery calls with customers and prospects to understand organizational structure, key decision makers, procurement processes, IT systems, and document workflow
- Uncover customer document process and needs in order to match customer requirements to DocuSign solutions
- Understand, position and clearly articulate the value/benefits of DocuSign eSignature and Digital Transaction Management (DTM) solutions to all levels within customer organizations
- Leverage marketing slide decks and other materials, build custom sales presentations and demonstrations to client needs, and present by phone, webinar, and/or in-person
- Qualify, build, and manage a sales pipeline through the development of MDR/SDR qualified leads, proactive prospecting, networking, and online social channels including LinkedIn
- Draft customer proposals, demonstrate sound decision-making abilities, and negotiate client pricing requirements and concessions within DocuSign guidelines
- Serve as the “quarterback” and primary point of contact for aligning internal DocuSign teams and resources with key customer and prospect stakeholders
- Develop short, mid and long-term strategic and tactical execution plans to ensure success in assigned territory, vertical market, and/or key account base
- Generate, develop, manage, and communicate expectations within assigned accounts as well as increases scope of penetration within each account
- Demonstrate organizational leadership by mentoring junior sales team members and provide increasingly high levels of impact to ensure company-wide success
- Accurately forecast monthly and quarterly sales activity and revenue achievement
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years of prior sales experience
- 7+ years prior experience in a quota-carrying sales role, ideally within software
- Proven success with prospecting, developing leads, managing complex sales-cycles, and closing deals in small-to-medium or mid-market accounts
- Proficient computer skills – CRM tools, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience selling into within verticals such as Financial Services, Education, Healthcare, or Legal/Not-for-Profit extremely helpful
- Strong business acumen that includes prior experience managing multiple concurrent client relationships, anticipating change, adjusting priorities accordingly, and, working effectively as a team
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-starter comfortable with some ambiguity, demonstrating a willingness to learn/ramp quickly.