The Business Outfitters Account Executive will be responsible for obtaining new customers and programs within their assigned territory. They will drive their prospecting efforts through daily phone prospecting and face to face visits. Sales will be generated by both individual orders and program sales. They will develop the customer/program for a period of 1 year, and then the account will be transitioned to an Inside Sales Rep who will be responsible for sales retention within thecustomerprogram. Compensation will include both a salary and commission for all sales generated above baseline.
- Planning and implementing strategies to achieve prospecting metrics and sales plans.
- Identifying prospective companies that are the best match for our Lands’ End Business Outfitters product offering and operational capabilities.Identify individuals within each prospective company that can influence promotional goods and/or uniform buying decisions.
- Leveraging the phones to identify and make initial contact with key buyers/decision makers, with the ultimate goal of getting a face to face visit if ROI warrants it.
- Conduct effective face to face meetings leveraging the various selling tools and product samples provided. Effectively assessing each prospect and customizing your approach.
- Consulting with each prospect to identify their current pains and then provide solutions within our product assortment and operational capabilities to address them.
- Conducting cold visits within your territory to maximize your time around scheduled visits. Minimum expectation is to cold visit 4 companies near each scheduled visit.
- Achieve prospecting metrics on a weekly basis related to phone call attempts, cold visits, and scheduled visits. The minimum prospecting expectations are as follows:100 new touches, 10 first time visits and 3 proposals.
- Identify networking/marketing opportunities within territory that provide good ROI. Examples: Local tradeshows, networking groups, advertising in local publications, event sponsorships.
- Strong history of success bringing in new business
- High level of initiative and assertiveness
- Identify and pursue “new” business opportunities
- Create an effective prospecting plan to maximize territory potential
- Sales analysis and forecasting skills
- Knowledge of the assigned territory along with an apparel background or industry specific background strongly desired
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience a must and face to face selling experience a must.