Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
Lands' End Business Outfitters is a trusted brand partner for companies of all sizes, offering businesses a better choice through quality, high-value apparel and promotional products. From single entrepreneurs to members of the Fortune 500®, Lands' End Business Outfitters offers tailored and business casual apparel for office wear, trade shows, company events and more. Lands' End Business Outfitters also offers an extensive variety of promotional products that enhance a company's image and message.
Are you ready to supercharge your career? Do you love hunting for new business opportunities? Are you experienced in B2B sales? The Business Outfitters team is looking for an Account Executive for the California territory. We offer a competitive salary, uncapped sales incentive, annual bonus potential, medical and dental benefits, 401k, generous vacation and so much more!
The Business Outfitters Account Executive will be responsible for obtaining new customers and programs within their assigned territory. They will drive their prospecting efforts through daily phone prospecting and face to face visits. Sales will be generated by both individual orders and program sales. They will develop the customer/program for a period of 1 year, and then the account will be transitioned to an Inside Sales Rep who will be responsible for sales retention within the customer/program. Compensation will include both a salary, plus commission for all sales generated above baseline.
- Planning and implementing strategies to achieve prospecting metrics and sales plans.
- Identifying prospective companies that are the best match for our Lands’ End Business Outfitters product offering and operational capabilities.
- Identify individuals within each prospective company that has the ability to influence promotional goods and/or uniform buying decisions.
- Leveraging the phones to identify and make initial contact with key buyers/decision makers, with the ultimate goal of getting a face to face visit if ROI warrants it.
- Conduct effective face to face meetings leveraging the various selling tools and product samples provided. Effectively assessing each prospect and customizing your approach.
- Consulting with each prospect to identify their current pains and then provide solutions within our product assortment and operational capabilities to address them.
- Conducting cold visits within your territory to maximize your time around scheduled visits. Minimum expectation is to cold visit 4 companies near each scheduled visit.
- Achieve prospecting metrics on a weekly basis related to phone call attempts, cold visits, and scheduled visits. The minimum prospecting expectations are as follows:
100 new touches
10 first time visits
- Effectively leverage tools such as LinkedIn, Data.com, Google Alerts and others to maximize your prospecting efforts.
- Identify networking/marketing opportunities within territory that provide good ROI. Examples: Local tradeshows, networking groups, advertising in local publications, event sponsorships, etc.
- Completing a trip report to capture all key details related to each prospecting visit.
- Entering each opportunity into Sales Force to assure key details are retained, and that we are able to track progress throughout its various selling stages in the funnel.
- Providing leadership a detailed monthly forecast for projected annual sales related to orders/programs they were directly responsible for winning.
- Managing within a monthly product sample budget.
Successful Candidate Should Have the Following Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong history of success bringing in new business
- High level of initiative and assertiveness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Self motivated, growth oriented and goal driven
- Creativity and tenacity to sell ideas and solutions
- Ability to work in a fast paced, detail oriented, fun environment
- Identify and pursue “new” business opportunities
- Create an effective prospecting plan to maximize territory potential
- Sales analysis and forecasting skills
- Apparel background or industry specific background strongly desired
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience a must
- Face to face selling experience a must
- Experience in the assigned region
Technical Requirements/Skills Desired:
- Salesforce.com experience is a plus
- Data.com experience a plus
- LinkedIn experience a plus
- Strong computer knowledge including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WebEx