What are we looking for?
This position reports to the Vice President
Serves as Account Executive under the guidance of the Vice President. Manages the day-to-day operations of two associations, including membership, committees, finances, communications, meetings, Web site(s), government affairs and technical activities.
What are we looking for?
- Strong supervisory and motivational skills; minimum of three years’ experience managing employees
- Understanding of financial statements, ability to track and adhere to financial plans and budgets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills to quickly learn client’s industry and exceed their expectations
- Proven leadership/management skills internally and externally with an independent style and high degree of initiative.
- Ability to motivate and manage team
- Strong consensus building skills
- Ability to manage multiple, ever-changing priorities and situations
- Ability to manage staff resources and client budgets to maintain favorable variances and potentially increase surpluses and equity.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrates strong credibility factors and key behaviors: integrity, competence, character, and composure.
- Ability to use creativity and innovative/strategic thinking to develop solutions
- High energy, multi-task oriented, with an entrepreneurial orientation
- Excellent human relations skills and ability to assist and obtain the support of others
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills with consistent attention to detail and deadlines.
- Computer literate with a “Can do” approach to different and diverse software packages.
What will I do?
- Manages and leads the daily operations of the association, including:
- Assures productivity of association committees
- Facilitates growth of association membership
- Recommends and implements Board and committee directives within established strategic goals and objectives.
- Monitors technical support provided to the association
- Oversees financial status of the association, including anticipating financial challenges (e.g., budget deficits), providing early alerts to appropriate volunteer leadership with recommended actions, reviews monthly financial statements and drafting of budgets with guidance as appropriate.
- Coordinates annual conferences, Board and committee meetings, working with the Meetings Department and conference planning committees.
- Provides leadership to and interacts with the Board of Directors and various committees, attends meetings and prepares agendas and minutes as appropriate.
- Oversees development and distribution of association publications.
- Supervises support personnel as appropriate.
- Provides leadership in accomplishing client goals/objectives.
- Shares knowledge/information as appropriate within Kellen;
- Maintains awareness and nurtures new business opportunities for Kellen.
Am I qualified?
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university with a minimum of five years of applicable experience
- Experience in creating and managing budgets to meet financial goals
- Knowledge of antitrust laws affecting associations as well as IRS, insurance and business registration requirements
- Demonstrated experience working productively with volunteers and diverse groups of people
- Highly productive when working independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal & presentation)
- Sound judgment, exceptional organizational skills, consistent attention to detail and prioritization of deadlines
- Ability to manage and resolve interpersonal and client issues
- Ability to multi-task and juggle deadlines
- Ability to travel, which may involve multiple consecutive nights away from home and may include occasional weekend travel