Job Requisition ID: 6882
Through effective relationships, the Account Executive - Intervention is accountable for providing educational content solutions that meet the needs of school districts in an assigned territory.
- Designs strategies that address customer needs and issues while meeting assigned quota; targets and prioritizes accounts and activities; analyzes competitors’ activities and adjusts appropriately; utilizes area, national and Per Diem resources effectively.
- Strategically plans sales calls by outlined objectives and action steps.
- Reads the market, recognizes trends, and communicates that information to the Area Management; Demonstrates knowledge of account history, the processes and procedures specific to each district, and the key issues for each account.
- Responds to customers’ requests and problems with appropriate timeliness and concern; Develops professional credibility and trust with the customer;
- Provides timely and complete information needed for consultants and outside resources to perform effectively in the territory; Uses voicemail and email appropriately; Updates Salesforce.com regularly.
- Knowledge of each curriculum area to converse comfortably with customers and understand their needs; effectively communicates the major features, advantages, and benefits of each product; Displays a thorough knowledge of state and local adoption timelines in order to be at the right place at the right time.
***This position can be based anywhere in West Central Florida accessible to an airport***
Education and Experience and Skills:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, Marketing, Liberal Arts or related field.
- 3 years’ salesexperience with a proven track record in meeting quota, or experience working in education.
- Proficient in MS Office; Word, Power Point and Outlook and intermediate to advanced level skills in Excel.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Educational/Technologysalesexperience and teaching skills are preferred.
- Previous experience in the educational publishing industry selling intervention products preferred.
- Experience using Sales Management Software such as Salesforce.com, or a similar program a plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 60-70% of the time through a combination of domestic air travel and driving a car.
- Must be able to remain seated for extended periods of time, 4+ hours.
- Must be able to present to audiences for 2+ hours.
- Frequently lifting, reaching, and moving product up to 60 lbs.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.