Donna Karan, a pioneer. A woman designing for women. In 1984, Donna invented the ubiquitous â€�wardrobe essentialsâ€ with her famous 7 Easy Pieces, born of lifeâ€™s demands on a certain kind of woman: forward-thinking, confident and self-assured. The Donna Karan brand has expanded into a universe of ready-to-wear, footwear, accessories and select licensed products continuing Donnaâ€™s vision of the modern woman.
Following the rapid growth of Donna Karan, DKNY was born in 1989 and is widely recognized as a first-of-its-kind brand. A genuine â€�lifestyleâ€ concept driven by the moments where life and style meet, DKNY dresses men and women living a vibrant life, no matter where the day may take them. Offering a modern wardrobe of ultimate ease.
Together, Donna Karan and DKNY are worldwide brands synonymous with the spirit and energy of New York, always in motion and on the go.
In 2016, GIII acquired Donna Karan New York and DKNY, invigorating the brandsâ€™ global business through versatile and flexible classifications with a New York attitude that transcends geography, offering everything our clients need to live a New York life, wherever that may.
Reporting to the VP Sales â€“ Asia & Latin America, the Account Executive, International Sales is responsible for sales and inancial management for the Donna Karan and DKNY International Handbag and Accessories product category partner relationships in the Asia, Middle East and Russia markets.
Individual Contributor; Heavy Relationship Management
Based in New York City; No International Travel
- Manage and nurture mutually profitable business relationships
- Execute all aspects of sales and brand growth to achieve strategy and expansion plans
- Produce weekly analysis of sales data: classification analysis, door analysis, competitive analysis, market share to maximize selling opportunities and maintain highest sales and positive comp growth
- Build and maintain internal relationships with Milan and US domestic sales and merchandising teams
- Suggest buy proposals to buying teams to optimize assortments for maximum sales potential
- Collaborate with US Sales team to assort buys, develop market strategies, increase seasonal bookings, and ensure brand standard
- Maintain seasonal bookings reports to track, report on and analyze market projections and bookings
- Engage with Country Brand Managers to assess market climate and solicit ongoing qualitative feedback
- Manage orders, shipments, inventory, and financialbudgets; manage oversold/swaps for plants
- Develop and execute reorders and in-season action plans to improve productivity and sell-through targets
- Proven Handbag and Accessories category-specific INTERNATIONAL sales driving experience and commercial success, required
- Current women's Handbag and Accessories retail relationships in Asia, Middle East and Russia markets
- Deep Handbag and Accessories product-specific savvy
- Unshakeable understanding of the International Marketplace from operational know-how to cultural nuance
- Professional maturity to skillfully navigate a matrixed, multi-division, global corporate culture with competing stakeholder agendas to achieve objectives and forge productive working relationships
- Proven ability to embrace change at the speed of fashion and to thrive in a fast-paced global environment
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent with 10+ years of relevant international sales experience with a global handbag and accessories brand