Develops, directs, implements, & maintains a business plan to achieve sales & growth goals for his/her assigned Intermediary Sales responsibility. S/he will build, enhance & direct the relationship with Advisors/Registered Representatives/Brokers/Plan Sponsors/Participants and also build, direct & maintain intermediary sales programs/plans which result in an increase in sales revenue & market share within the assigned territory.
- Actively participates in financial services and/or insurance industry trade organizations and finds opportunities for Lincoln to be a participant at these events by sponsorship and/or speaking opportunities.
- Builds and directs a more complex relationship platform by identifying senior contacts within targeted Advisors, Registered Reps, Brokers and/or Plan Sponsor/Participants to achieve profitable sales and Lincoln's product breath growth.
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with assigned more complex Advisors, Registered Reps, Brokers and/or Plan Sponsor/Participants to ensure a high level of satisfaction and increase revenues.
- Conducts Advisor, Registered Reps, Brokers and/or Plan Sponsor/Participants meetings and in-person meetings to achieve sales targets.
- Cultivates, directs, and maintains increasingly senior level client relationships within assigned territory's Advisors, Registered Reps, Brokers and/or Plan Sponsor/Participants.
- Develops & maintains a more complex sales program to increase sales revenue & market share within assigned Advisors, Registered Reps, Brokers &/or Plan Sponsor/Participants.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of existing/targeted Advisors, Registered Reps, Brokers and/or Plan Sponsor/Participants including targeted market segments, how they operate, and/or value proposition(s).
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal stakeholders to achieve sales objectives
- Develops, directs, and executes more complex plans to increase/gain opportunities to introduce Lincoln management and other resources to targeted Advisors, Registered Representatives, Brokers and/or Plan Sponsor/Participants.
- Ensures any conflicts regarding Lincoln's products/services are resolved
- Increases awareness of Lincoln's products and services with more complex Advisors, Registered Reps, Brokers and/or Plan Sponsor/Participants within his/her assigned territory.
- Maintains sales call data in appropriate systems &/or completing sales reports
- Meets or exceeds all department &/or sales goals/targets
- Profiles territory and assigned more complex Advisors, Registered Reps, Brokers and/or Plan Sponsor/Participants to target relationships to build and identify which firms/institutions would be interested in LFG offerings.
- Provides feedback and intelligence to internal partners on existing and targeted Advisors, Registered Reps, Brokers and/or Plan Sponsor/Participants
- Supports Relationship Management retention efforts and looks for opportunities to cross sell and cross partner with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Works to support growth in all segments of Lincoln's products/service offerings to capitalize on the opportunities to penetrate assigned firms/institutions.
Education & Experience
- 3 - 5+ Years of experience in intermediary sales that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- 4 Year/Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) in (Minimum Required)
- Upon Hire Certifications/Licensures : Dependent upon Product Being Sold.