iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Our Toronto Group sales team is growing!
As an Account Executive, key responsibilities include growing new relationships from the ground up within the regional group insurance advisor community, a proven track record of building new relationships with group insurance advisors, and ensuring that the growth, persistency, and renewal execution objectives of the assigned territory are consistently achieved. Developing the profile of IA in the region will be an important aspect of this role.
The following specifically describes the key accountabilities of this position:
• Account management responsibilities across Ontario
• New business growth, providing after-sale service, renewing and conserving a portfolio of approximately 5-10 million in group insurance contracts/premium
• Develop and execute a sales strategy (in collaboration with the RD and the EVP, Group Solutions) and lead its execution, co-ordinate activities with the service team, monitor and report results
• Promote the IA brand within the region, identify opportunities to build brand recognition regionally, collaborate with the RD and the group marketing team, where appropriate
• Assist with the planning and execution of regional events for group insurance advisors
• Compliance with corporate business objectives, policies, procedures, practices, etc.
• Proven track record of developing new distribution partner relationships by planning and implementing strategies to encourage new relationships
• Propose ideas relative to relationship building activities, etc.
• Monitor a competitive environment by gathering continuous input on market pricing, products, services, activities, etc.
• Provide strategic input into product development, administration, regional client service, underwriting and pricing, etc.
• Target market sales (50+ employees-2500 lives)
• Excellent understanding of the mid-large case market (50+employees-2500 lives)
• University graduate
• GBA or working towards CEBS designation
• Minimum of 5 years of group insurance experience as an accomplished account executive, benefits advisor and /or group underwriter
• Proven success within Group Consulting and Advisor distribution networks
• Demonstrated ability to develop new relationships
• Focus on new business development
• Proven negotiation talent
• Strong analytical talent
• A self-starter who accepts ownership and accountability for results
• Highly Motivated
• Superior presentation talent
• Well organized
• Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle for regular travel across the province for business opportunities
• Flexibility to travel outside of the province for occasional business trips
Job ID: J0817-0845