Under minimal supervision, this position represents, supports, and develops relationships between PSCU and executive management at assigned credit unions for all aspects of PSCU at an enterprise level. Incumbent will use knowledge of PSCU’s credit, debit, Bill Pay, and all other lines of business in a consultative approach to manage client portfolios, and provide a comprehensive level of program consulting, strategic planning, program analysis and development, along with the sale and coordination of PSCU’s products and services to increase the perception of PSCU as a trusted partner and advisor. Responsibilities will be executed primarily via telephone, email and webinar interactions. However, some travel responsibilities may periodically be needed.
Incumbent will develop, maintain, and execute sales strategies supporting assigned credit unions, mitigate and remedy any service or support issues, and will refer PSCU products and services to the National Sales team. Incumbent will also develop and execute customized account plans to increase sales volume and market share within assigned credit unions. Incumbent will foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with client and PSCU departments, and will promote use of PSCU products and services, with the goal to position business to shape and capitalize on emerging consumer and market needs. Incumbent will review and act upon all opportunities for renewed business in an effort to retain revenues.
- Periodically meet with client senior executives to evaluate strategic opportunities, primarily via telephone, to extend partnership and portfolio performance, demonstrating appropriate sense of urgency; continually monitor and communicate value of PSCU products/solutions, and demonstrate the value of PSCU partnership with assigned credit unions
- Prepare and deliver accurate and timely annual Strategic Business Review to review the client’s growth and profitability
- Maintain a close working relationship with Member Services and serve as the client liaison to mitigate and remedy any service issues that may impact the overall client relationship with PSCU
- Act, in conjunction with the assigned implementation or member services representative, as a liaison for product implementations, program start-ups, and other major projects as necessary
- Identify strategic opportunities while utilizing consultative sales approach that ensures client business objectives are met and performance metrics of payment portfolios are maximized
- Develop and execute strategies and account plans that increase client sales volume and market share, and achieve/exceed defined product and corporate objectives; consult and advise clients on how to maximize return on assets and revenue to PSCU
- Deliver consultative support to identify and solve multifaceted business issues across credit union’s enterprise business as related to PSCU’s products/services
- Prepare proposals, negotiate contractual relationships with client, and propose and negotiate new and renewal term agreements; prepare and deliver accurate and timely proposals, pricing comparisons, pro formas and program analysis
- Meet or exceed established revenue goals from the sale of new products and services. Develop sales and service goals, objectives and revenue forecasts related to assigned accounts with full accountability for results
- Consult with assigned clients in creation, launch, and tracking of marketing campaigns focused on account acquisition and portfolio growth; in conjunction with each assigned client, prepare and manage running eighteen-month marketing calendar
- Develop, solidify and maintain strong account relationships that result in excellent client satisfaction scores as reflected in periodic surveys; act as primary management point of contact for credit union for strategic initiatives and escalated issue resolution; support credit union’s designated executive sponsor
- Prepare and deliver effective and influential presentations at PSCU sponsored events, credit union staff and Board of Directors, advisory groups, and other functions, as needed
- Continually update the PSCU Client Relationship Management (Salesforce) profile with communications, plans, opportunities and tasks related to maintaining and fostering the client relationship
- Effectively manage product renewal opportunities to secure renewed relationships with clients
- Actively review client landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing PSCU business; proactively manage, prioritize and engage sales leads.
- Maintain current knowledge of payment industry trends and innovation, and PSCU products and solutions; maintain current knowledge of card, ecommerce, payments, and credit union industry related to Visa, MasterCard, FDR, PSCU, and competitors
- Collaborate with product team regarding new product development for credit union and consumer opportunities; coordinate interdivisional and interdepartmental communications related to serving clients with new and existing products/solutions
- Must interact positively and professionally in all interactions with PSCU staff, clients, and business constituents. Continuously review landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing PSCU business
- Keep abreast of, and communicate with the client regarding legislative, regulatory, and procedural issues
- Ensure information is current and entered into PSCU client database in timely fashion
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Education Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Experience: Five (5) years related industry sales and client relationship management experience with credit and/or debit card programs required. Five (5) years banking or credit union industry experience required. Consulting experience preferred.
- Periodic travel required (5-10% travel) – some travel to the PSCU corporate offices, regional credit union meetings, and/or PSCU functions will be necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior level executives at assigned credit unions; strong strategic account management and consultation and relationship selling skills
- Ability to identify strategic initiatives and demonstrated track record of planning, managing, and closing a complex, competitive sales effort
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior level executives, in both verbal and written formats, and deliver effective presentations utilizing various audio/visual aids.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent reasoning and analytical skills; strong executive presentation, problem solving, and negotiation skills with ability to influence decisions of others
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when making decisions that has monetary impact on PSCU and client
- Must interact positively and professionally at all levels of management and staff within PSCU, clients, and vendors
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Knowledge of payments, ecommerce, credit, and debit card industry and related operations preferred; knowledge of First Data card-processing platform preferred
- Ability to interpret P&L Statement, 5300 Report and monthly financial statements
Our corporate value statements represent PSCU's commitment to providing the highest quality service to our member-owners. By practicing these values, we continue to meet the challenge of being a leading service provider in the credit union industry.
- Service Excellence - Exceeding expectations in every interaction.
- Passion - Boundless enthusiasm to be THE best.
- Leadership - Engaging, influencing, and inspiring others to accomplish our mission.
- Trust - Keeping the promises you make to others, and to yourself.
- Innovation - The relentless pursuit of better ways.