Account Executive - HPC & Academia - SoWest
Job Summary: The Account Executive will work in the development of new Large HPC Labs and Academia accounts in a given geographic territory. The Account Executive is required to be in front of the end user, even if not selling direct, to build the relationship and share the DDN story. This position will be field based and involve travel approximately 30%-40% of the time. The job involves managing a territory and growing business through their own experience, including previously established relationships; so a successful applicant must have strong industry contacts and a demonstrated success in personally closing business in the HPC & Life Sciences space. Success involves a long and complex sales cycle and the majority of sales go through channel partners; so strong contacts with related channels are a requirement.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to;
- Drive new business through strong partner and customer contacts and industry knowledge.
- Create and maintain a customer pipeline, hitting revenue goals and growing the territory.
- Meet committed sales numbers on a quarterly basis.
- Build relationships with Channel and OEM partners to grow brand presence to end users.
- Establish executive level relationships, understanding the needs and language of customer’s specific business.
- Lead and coordinate complex, team selling efforts (with internal and external partners).
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership with all DDN staff, specifically with Sales Engineers and technical support staff.
- Develop a strong understanding of the customers’ technologyinfrastructure, strategy and business requirements.
- Partner with internal staff to create successful Proposals and Presentations in response to RFPs and other customer needs.
- Drive a territory strategy in alignment with DDN brand strategy.
- Accurately forecast sales figures and projections.
- Consistent communication with DDN Sales Leadership including sales reports.
- Manage accurate data and record keeping in SalesForce.com to increase customer satisfaction and brand penetration.
- Attend trade shows and other activities to raise DDN’s presence in the industry.
- Successfully negotiate with internal and external partners and end-user customers.
- Manage customer relationships post-sale; including a strategy to close repeat business.
Qualifications for this role are; Must have 6-8years of experience in selling storage, with strong technical expertise, including deep industry knowledge and contacts within University Systems and/or National Research Labs.
Prior experience in selling High Performance Computing environments and/or Big Data analytics
A successful Account Executive will be expected to drive business through their own experience, including previously established relationships.
Must consistently be in the top 25% of sales force in quota attainment.
Must have experience negotiating large transactions and be instrumental in closing deals.
BA or BS in a related field is required.
A demonstrated knowledge of DDN SAN/NAS appliance product lines is desired.
Job ID 2017-2140