: Account Executive (1700110X)Responsible for the successful sales and delivery of HMS’ Eliza and Essette services to multiple clients including Health Plans and other At-Risk entities. Responsible for business development in both new and current relationships and revenue generation within an assigned book of business and or region. Essential Functions: • Leverage consultative sales approach to gain trusted advisor status with key clients and new prospects
• Responsible for execution on growth strategies within your assigned territory to develop new business and expand business within existing clients
• Develop relevant healthcare expertise to proficiently guide clients and prospects to value added solutions – Trusted Advisor
• Direct strategic, client specific initiatives which deliver ‘value add’ services through the execution of client business plans.
• Helps clients understand and solve their unique business challenges through the sale of Eliza/Essette solutions.
• Understand key elements of healthcare and a client’s business environment and provides feedback to management on market trends as represented by our clients.
• Earn customer respect and loyalty to motivate continued and additional business with the account
• Lead meetings and drive communication regarding selection and scope of projects
• Prepare proposals including recommendations on pricing, features, and schedules
• Negotiate and finalize contracts
• Collaborate with peers across on a regular basis to establish best practices, consistency where appropriate, and accomplishment of overall business goals and objectives.
• Ensure customers receive superior service and support by responding to inquiries and questions, involving the appropriate parties within Eliza and Essette.
• Execute new projects and initiatives as required
• Achieve 100% of quota Other Functions: • Performs other functions as assigned
: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: • Experience in client facing, business development role with strong analytical, financial, and business acumen
• Ability to grasp complex ideas and communicate them to a broad range of technical and nontechnical people in both written and verbal form
• Health Plan Sales experience and a solid understanding of the healthcare industry
• Natural leadership skills including the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with cross functional, multi-project team resources
• Entrepreneurial spirit with energy for working within high performance teams, working in a fast-paced, rapidly developing company that is deeply committed to integrity and exceeding client expectations
• Superior communications skills – written, verbal and listening; ability to craft skilled written communications
• Ability to function effectively under pressure and deadline oriented project demands as well as manage multiple initiatives
• Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and work independently to meet objectives
• Ability to manage comprehensive and compelling RFP responses
• Ability to work collaboratively with peers to drive business direction, pursue opportunity and manage risk, to maximize innovation while respecting agenda boundaries
• Exceptional communication skills and sensitivity to work effectively with internal and external audiences
Work Conditions and Physical Demands: • Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
• Ability to communicate and exchange information
• Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
• Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
• Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
• May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
• May be required to travel at least 50% of time based on business needs
Minimum Education: • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Master’s preferred
Minimum Related Work Experience: • 7 plus years of experience with a consultative, strategic sales process in the healthcare industry
• History of exceeding quota and growing existing revenue streams
• Experience using all Microsoft products and SalesForce preferred.