I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As a Home Health Patient Care Coordinator, you will:
- Develop/maintain contact with key accounts as assigned. Promote exemplary customer service to physicians, facility personnel, patient and patient family at all times.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration with branch staff and field sales resources via weekly meetings. Maintain market awareness and prepares competitive updates.
- Primarily conduct pre-discharge facility visits at the physicians' request to determine the need/eligibility for home care.
- Assist branch in timely processing of physician orders.
- Inform hospital personnel, patient and/or patient family of case acceptance and documents all demographic, clinical, payer and other information as required on company approved forms to support diagnosis and home healthcare orders.
- Provide input to care plan development and informs the Company location clinical staff (e.g. Intake Specialist, Director Clinical Management, and/or Manager Clinical Practice) of patient’s acceptance, and ensures that patient’s needs are appropriately matched.
- Work collaboratively with Hospice Division counterparts as applicable, representing the Company’s comprehensive home health and hospice deliverables.
- Abide by all operational compliance with internal controls and reporting.
- Participate in special projects, quarterly Blitz events, specialty program launches and performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices, Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices, and all Company policies and procedures.
- Review and adhere to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Registered nurse licensure.
- Minimum of five years clinical experience.
- Strong knowledge of home health regulations, Medicare requirements and care coordination skills required.
- Excellent customer service, organization, time-management, problem-solving and communication skills required.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently. Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Ability to appropriately represent Company service capabilities to the patients, family and referral source audience.
- Registered nurse licensure required to perform patient assessments, secure physician orders and other responsibilities that require the skills and abilities of a registered nurse per practice.