Less than 5 years
Posted 43 days ago
Reporting to the Region Sales Manager, the Account Executive (AE) will be primarily responsible for meeting the annual sales objectives in the assigned territory through the successful development and execution of a local market sales plan with a priority focus on key leverage operators found within those segments considered priority for Simplot. In addition, the AE will work with assigneddistributors to ensure accessibility of Simplot products and cooperation on programs and relatedsupport that will include trade management and negotiations for price, marketing, growth and compliance programs.
* Profile and penetrate key operator accounts determined by local sales management that are critical to the success of territory sales.
* Fully embrace and become proficient with the Simplot Sales Process and executing the go-to-market strategies of the Food Service Division.
* Using a consultative approach, communicate the selling benefits of the Simplot product line in addition to the sale of products to ensure that customers are provided with the product knowledge they need to be successful.
* Establish and develop relationships with key management and sales personnel at assigned focus distributors and other market channels. Accumulate information to understand these various customers in order to interact as needed.
* Conduct product demos utilizing culinary influence.
* Deliver on set sales goals and manage product portfolio.
* Represent the full Simplot product line in all sales capacities. Conduct sales calls to key leverage operators in the market, sometimes extending across multiple markets. Utilize various means torecruit and establish new partnerships for the sales of products.
* Build relationships and partner with various internal departments such as Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Culinary, Demand Planning, Production, and Logistics to accomplish key initiatives and complete day-to-day operations.
* Research industry and marketing trends and develop product suggestions based on findings. Supply programs, information, and tools that aid selling efforts.
* Be actively engaged in promoting and driving sales across the entire food service product portfoliowith priority emphasis on those product categories and individual products identified as the most strategically and financially important to the division.
* Be highly engaged in the use and leverage available with the Simplot CRM system (salesforce.com) to drive efficiency and strong results.
* Work to drive customer acceptance of new product introductions and other innovation as relevant to the market.
* Effectively manage and utilize budgeted trade dollars related to operator and distributor spending.
* Ensure sales forecast and profit targets are met.
* Consistent with the division marketing calendar, will be responsible to execute promotional and other scheduled activities to drive results.
* Identify or follow-up on new operator sales opportunities with ability to assess the opportunity and match to product and other solutions; e.g., merchandising, recipe, culinary, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Internal Simplot Candidates: