The primary purpose of the Account Executive is to proactively sell the Company’s software, being core systems to the Insurance Industry, to achieve revenue, sales and profit targets. This includes the frontline approach to new clients and the ongoing relationship management of existing clients for the generation of new and ongoing sales in the emerging insurer market.
Key activities for the Account Executive include:
- Proactive development of existing and new business customers in assigned territory
- Build and maintain relationships with key prospects and decision makers.
- Maintain accurate records of contacts and prospects utilizing the Company’s systems and procedures.
- Manage post-sale client relationships to maximize product extension sales to existing customers
- Lead and personally undertake Sales activities from initial contact until sale closure. This will include contacting new and existing clients face-to-face as well as via telephone and electronically.
- Arrange and participate in technical and sales presentations to clients.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of the Company’s underlying technology, the range of existing products and consulting services.
- Analyze competitor products and activities and provide feedback into marketing strategies and product development.
- Prepare detailed quotations and proposals that fully meet client expectations, as well as minimizing risk to the company. Follow Company procedures for quotation review and accept responsibility for the scope, accuracy, and winning of these proposals.
- Present regular detailed reports to Management regarding Sales and Marketing activities and success rates.
- Represent the Company at trade shows, conferences, industry meetings and other avenues to initiate sales of the Company’s products
Required skills/experience include:
- Minimum 5 years experience with enterprise software
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the Insurance industry preferred
- Thorough understanding of the enterprise sales cycle and show a methodical approach to moving opportunities through this cycle
- Well developed oral communication, liaison and representation skills
- Well developed writing skills and the ability to proofread own material and that of others.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze market trends and business data to identify new market potential.