DataDirect Networks (DDN.com) is a world leader in massively scalable storage. We are the leading provider of data storage and processing solutions and professional services that enable content-rich and high-growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production organizations and security & intelligence organizations.
Account Executive, Federal Sales
The US Federal Government / DoD / Civilian Account Executive will work in the development of new US Federal Government / DoD / Civilian accounts in the geographic territory of Maryland, D.C., and Virginia. The Account Executive is required to be in front of the end user, if not selling directly, to build the relationship and share the DDN story. This position will be field based and involve travel approximately 30%-40% of the time. The job involves building and executing a strategic business plan for the territory, managing the territory and growing business through their own experience, including previously established relationships; so a successful applicant must have strong industry contacts and a demonstrated success in personally closing business in the US Federal Government / DoD Civilian space. Success involves a long and complex sales cycle and the majority of sales go through channel partners; so strong contacts with related channels are a requirement.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Drive new business through strong partner and customer contacts and industry knowledge.
- Create and maintain a customer pipeline, hitting revenue goals and growing the territory.
- Meets committed sales numbers on a quarterly basis.
- Building relationships with Channel and OEM partners to grow brand presence to end users.
- Establish executive level relationships, understanding the needs and language of customer’s specific business.
- Lead and coordinate complex, team selling efforts (with internal and external partners).
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership with all DDN staff, specifically with Sales Engineers and technical support staff.
- Develop a strong understanding of the customers’ technology infrastructure, strategy and business requirements.
- Partner with internal staff to create successful Proposals and Presentations in response to RFPs and other customer needs.
- Drive a territory strategy in alignment with DDN brand strategy.
- Accurately forecast sales figures and projections.
- Consistent communication with DDN Sales Leadership including sales reports.
- Manage accurate data and record keeping in SalesForce.com to increase customer satisfaction and brand penetration.
- Attend trade shows and other activities to raise DDN’s presence in the industry.
- Successfully negotiate with internal and external partners and end-user customers.
- Manage customer relationships post-sale; including a strategy to close repeat business
Qualifications for this role are:
- A BA or BS in a related field is required.
- Must have 6-10 years of sales experience in US Government / DoD /Civilian in storage, with strong technical expertise including deep industry knowledge and contacts.
- A successful AE will be expected to drive business through their own experience, including previously established relationships.
- Clearances are a strong plus.
- Must consistently be top 25% of sales force in quota attainment.
- Must have experience negotiating large transactions personally and been instrumental in closing those deals.
- A demonstrated knowledge of DDN SAN/NAS appliance product lines is desired.