Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The Account Executive is part of a virtual sales team along with other Software AG lines of business and is responsible for selling the entire Software AG solutions portfolio in her/his territory.
- Achieve/exceed quarterly and yearly revenue targets using approved SAG business planning, account management, opportunity management, and monitoring processes tools.
- Drive and penetrate new accounts and meet with stakeholders (C level) within accounts selling large-scale collaboration solutions.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent and familiarity with internet technologies.
- Basic understanding of BPMS, SOA, B2B and EAI Technology and marketplace.
- Other languages may be an advantage.
Professional Experience in year(s): 5
- Working directly or with the Partner Manager, builds & coordinates partnerships with top partners to generate incremental revenue opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a Territory plan and pipeline to meet and exceed assigned quota.
- Qualify, create, develop, control and close new opportunities.
- Adopt the appropriate methodology to selling.
- Accurately forecast and report on opportunities within the assigned territory.
- Create an environment of collaboration with both the customer and virtual sales team.
- Create constructive tension and challenge the customer with their knowledge of customer & industry insight.
- Teach customers insights & tailor solutions to challenge their approach to key corporate priorities and create a value proposition
- Take control of the sales process rather than simply following the customer's process.
- Build key management relationships with focus on new opportunities, customer success and satisfaction, resulting in referenceable accounts and positive brand/company awareness.
- Identify stakeholders and sponsors and customer references.
- Manage complex sales cycles, utilizing internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Engage with cross-functional resources to drive Software AG Sales.
- Maintain basic understanding of BPMS, SOA, B2B and EAI Technology and marketplace.
- Develop new solutions and supports others in solving complex problems in the sales process.
- Use structured and methodical approaches to develop solution.
- Prior industry experience selling software based solutions into a specified territory, specifically into targeted new name accounts with deal sizes that range from €50K - €1M+.
Additional Requirements/ Soft Skills:
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Excellent presentation skills and interaction with internal/external customers.
- Experience developing and presenting clear and concise sales briefings/meetings.
- Team player and able to take direction from Sales Management.
- Excellent understanding of your industry's customers' business, needs, challenges and expectations.
- Ability to drive deal size and is able to carry out detailed ROI analyses.
- Is target and success oriented.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Health Insurance starts your first day on the job
- Three weeks paid vacation & three weeks paid sick leave
- 10 paid holidays (including a floating holiday and a community service day)
- 401(k) Plan with up to 5% employer match