$150K — $200K *
Discovery Ad Sales Organization is hiring an Integrated Account Executive responsible for selling national advertising across the Discovery Linear and TVE/GO App properties for The Food Network, TLC, OWN and The Cooking Channel. This Integrated Account Executive will work with clients and advertising agencies throughout the East Coast region with an assigned account list and target new business development clients.
At Discovery, we are passionate about our brands and platforms and are excited to share them with our clients. We operate as One Team and want someone who is curious and eager to learn; someone who will continue to question and grow within this position. The ideal candidate is future oriented and strategic about approaching their client’s business needs holistically to meet objectives and grow share across Discovery’s portfolio of products.
1. Develop and pro-actively manage key client/advertising agency business across Discovery’s linear and digital brands and platforms.
2. Present the full range of programming, audience and sponsorship/marketing opportunities to clients and agencies partners.
3. Responsible for the client service aspects/administration of account business, including direct supervision of a Sales Planner and Sales Assistant.
4. Develop and present Integrated Ad Sales presentations.
5. Prospect new business and set up strategic meetings with clients, agencies and endemic accounts. Make high level client and agency calls.
6. Interface with Integrated Marketing, Research, Pricing & Planning and other Sales departments to respond to RFP’s, win business and drive incremental growth with existing clients.
7. Apply a broad range of creative problem-solving skills to business and client issues, combining strategic, technical and analytical excellence, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations and/or proposals.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related industry experience.
* Minimum of 8-10 years related advertising/sales experience; 5+ years of convergent (linear & digital) direct national selling or direct digital video sales experience.
* Strong conceptual selling skills and the ability to position Discovery’s suite of liner and digital networks against competing national television and digital entities, as well as other advertising vehicles is required.
* Travel between 15-20% of time to meet with clients and agencies across geographic territory footprint.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Deploy a consultative selling approach; strong negotiating skills and ability to manage/own your business.
* Must utilize innovation to creatively execute company goals and directions.
* Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills (able to create and deliver presentations to senior level executives & clients and in new business settings).
* Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously in a changing environment.
* Ability to be resourceful to get what you need – think outside the box and find innovate ways to generate revenue and construct the deal.
* Be a creative problem solver, collaborative and solutions oriented with internal stakeholders so the overall sales experience is cohesive for clients and agency partners.
* Ability to work with a diverse team in numerous marketplaces.
Valid through: 8/13/2020