Univision Communications is the premier Spanish language media company in the United States. The Fresno, CA. location is currently seeking a highly motivated sales person (Account Executive) with excellent interpersonal skills to sell Spanish Language Radio with the opportunity to sell other platforms (TV & Digital). The AE is responsible for developing new business through prospecting, cold calling, the use of co-op, and vendor development. Duties include servicing new accounts and clients, maintaining proper payments schedules and working with Production and Traffic departments to process sales orders. The AE also provides competitive market reports in weekly sales meetings; forecasts sales revenue activity, analyzes Nielsen Audio/TV ratings books and qualitative research for client presentation.
- Develop new client base as well as sell and service existing accounts.
- Use ratings knowledge and qualitative research data to create marketing presentations that sell value to our customers and positions our stations against competition.
- Use of a consultative sales approach to build relationships and grow business for our clients and our stations.
- Create presentations, edit existing presentations, and general understanding of research specific to industry.
- New business development via prospecting throughout the 6 County Fresno DMA.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- College degree or comparable work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Requires minimum of 3+ years outside or retail sales experience, broadcast media sales a plus.
- Proven track record with emphasis in New Business development and prospecting highly desired.
- Knowledge of advertising agencies and Nielsen ratings, research and negotiating skills, desired.
- Highly motivated, creative and proactive required for success.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish is desired.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure in a revenue goal and deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to create unique promotions for prospects/clients.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of broadcast applications such as Wide Orbit Sales System, Kantar, Scarborough, Strata, Matrix Sales Center preferred.
- Applicants must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications; including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, edit, reach and sit for up to (8) hours.
- Must be willing to work from office in Fresno, CA.
- Must be able to drive and have a valid California driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States