The Account Executive will discover organizations looking to improve their cybersecurity posture and demonstrate the value of partnering with Cygilant to accomplish their goals. You will have the chance to help customers with critical challenges, significantly impact growth, and experience the benefits that come with doing so successfully.
About the team
The Cygilant Sales team is focused on acquiring new customers and driving top line revenue. The team connects with IT executives and professionals within the target market to learn about current cybersecurity practices within the organization; uncover potential challenges or inefficiencies and addresses how we help customers providing affordable, best-of-breed hybrid security-as-a-service solutions for continuous security intelligence.
About the Role
The Account Executive will uncover opportunities in their designated territory for Cygilant’s growing product/services offering in the cybersecurity space. This is a full cycle sales role. You will be required to hunt for new business. This includes prospecting and driving opportunities through the sales cycle to close business. You will have ownership of your territory, creating an account plan, and go to market strategy.
This role requires previous IT/software sales experience and demonstrated success selling a complex solution in a full cycle role. Security sales strongly preferred.
- Accountable for identifying, qualifying, and closing new business opportunities
- Understand Cygilant service offerings and speak to how they can address common customer pains
- Work closely with leadership to build and execute a go-to-market strategy and account plan for your territory
- Stay informed of IT security compliance and regulatory changes that impact our target customers and their urgency to buy
- Build and maintain a strong sales pipeline. Proficiency and accuracy in forecasting on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Manage all information in our CRM system, Salesforce.com
- Meet or exceed quota by managing activity in accordance with the key performance indicators
- Work with Sales Engineer to meet all client technical requirements during demos and POC. Provide a smooth hand off to the Service Delivery Manager post sale
- Excellent communication, active listening, and problem-solving skills
- Strong Business acumen: Understanding business structure and the drivers in the B2B sales cycle
- Proven success of the full sales cycle including:
- Sourcing/prospecting new customers, utilizing various resources to identify prospects
- Conducting discovery and objection handling. Reversing, listening, identifying client needs
- Value-based selling. Presenting solutions in an engaging, concise way, tying the presentation to how the solution will solve the customer's identified problems, handling questions confidently
- Closing, gaining commitment at each step of the process, creating urgency to buy
- Account Planning & Territory management. Pipeline Development & Management. Experience with MEDDIC qualifications preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in sales including at least 2 years in quota carrying role, responsible for the full sales cycle (preferably software or IT services), cybersecurity sales preferred
- Disciplined and accountable. Takes initiative, responsible for actions and behaviors
- Intellectually curious, asks questions
- Coachable, seeks feedback and practices/prepares to improve
- Hungry and Competitive, will work hard and fight to reach goals, challenges yourself and others
- Serves as an example to less experienced sales professionals
- Bachelor’s degree