The Account Executive manages and grows the Building Performance and Sustainability business as part of the Building Technologies Division of Siemens. This role will support business in the state of Michigan while reporting to our sales manager. Vertical Market Sales will focus on Local Government (City, Town, County).
· Consultatively assists targeted public sector municipal clients in understanding long-term financial business goals, uncovering challenges and defining long-term self-funding solutions.
· Thorough understanding of wide-ranging challenges faced by Local Government, with strong ideas and approach for helping address and overcome these by developing comprehensive, mutually-beneficial partnerships.
· Well networked with Local Government decision makers, and involved in associated trade organizations and professional groups.
· Effectively completes needs assessment, financial justification and related proposals and presentations. Obtains letters of intent and arranges financing. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain client commitment.
· Follow-through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures smooth sales to operations turnover. Assists in resolving, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
· Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
· Participates in civic and professional organizations, workshops and seminars. Keeps current on market and business trends.
· Understand and explain the correlation between market drives, business objectives and operational issues as they relate to value propositions, applying this knowledge as a strategic sales coach to create account strategies.
· Continues to acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills. Develops and deploys account strategies.
· Under limited supervision, manages and grows assigned territory or group of accounts.
· Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory.
· Develops and deploys account strategies.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Experience in working with Local Government business partners to design, deliver and service the best solution or combination of solutions for the Local Government entity.
· Requires a minimum of four years of executive consultative selling experience with a Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred (the minimum education required is a high school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam).
· Requires related technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use, contractual, and financial concepts.
· Experience selling complex solutions to municipal: mayors, city managers, elected officials, public works and financial leadership buyers.
· Required travel: 25%
· Other requirements:
o Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
o Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States without the need for current or future work sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Other preferences:
o Existing experience with infrastructure, construction, engineering or technology sales to local governments.
o Candidates with success in Performance Contracting sales, or candidates selling other types of complex solution sales will receive preference.
Requisition Number: 213168