Under general direction, the Account Executive is responsible for developing strong business relationships with the accounts. The purpose of this position is to maximize profitability, sales potential and sales support within the account geography. Principal accountabilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide action-oriented market intelligence to accounts and BBU personnel.
- Represent the company in trade and community relations.
- Develop BBU’s business through key contacts including store and regional management.
- Sales planning using tools provided for volume projections and budget forecasts.
- Promotional planning to maximize profitability and post promotion analysis.
- Prepare and implement business development plans to maximize space, position, distribution and promotion of BBU products.
- Conduct business reviews on a Quarterly basis with key decision makers.
- Develop schedule with Territory Sales Managers for account to sell business building programs as well as local wiring.
- Act as a liaison between market area sales management and account management in communicating new programs, accounting and practicing issues, developing and implementing product schematics.
- Conduct store retail price surveys, customer satisfaction surveys and collect competitive trade information.
- Develop and distribute a comprehensive set of reports for the benefit of the sales team.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
Improve Market share in Key Segments identified in annual Business Unit priorities
Branded sales increase in specific brands as communicated in annual Business Unit priorities
VCM Improvement through specific Sales strategies, promotions, pricing in your account
Return improvement in partnership with TSM’s, Regional’s and Director of Sales
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing or related field desired plus 3+ years of related CPG sales/analytical responsibility, brand management and/or comparable experience or related experience within BBU or the baking industry.
- Requires excellent analytical, organizational, communication, planning, negotiating and people skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Understanding and experience in use of IRI, Household Panel, and Spectra.
- P&L, business analysis & merchandisingexperiencerequired.