About Blavity, Inc.: Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and new media company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & gen-z through original content, video and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for Black media, reaching over 80 million millennials per month through our growing brand portfolio which includes: Blavity News, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow & Act. Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity, Inc. Team executes with our values at the forefront of mind: Love of Community, Transparency and Communication, Collective Responsibility, Fail Fast. Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction.
Job Summary: Blavity is seeking a top performing Sales Account Executive that works closely with advertisers in a consultative manner to identify and pursue partnership opportunities which gain new business. Through prospecting, cold-calling, networking and generating leads and referrals, the Account Executive actively works to sell integrated marketing programs across desktop, mobile, video, branded content, social media, and live events. In this position, the Account Executive has the ability to lead Sales and Marketing efforts for their client list. The ideal candidate has a passion for results, product knowledge, and has strong rapport building skills, which allows him/her to continuously acquire new accounts.
This is a Full-Time position which reports directly into the VP, Sales and Partnerships.
- Consultatively sell the Blavity suite of services by mapping business challenges with solutions; function across the entire sales cycle including demand generation, qualification, opportunity management, and contract closure.
- Schedule and execute virtual and face-to-face meetings with potential and existing clients in order to build robust and meaningful client relationships and proactively provide creative solutions in addition to proposal requests.
- Act as a liaison between Blavity and advertiser on all marketing programs, including but not limited to advertising campaigns, advertorials, events, social and mobile promotions.
- Drive incremental revenue and close net new business inside named accounts by uncovering net new opportunities and use cases, accelerating and growing the adoption of Blavity Solutions, and cross-selling additional solutions.
- Partner with Blavity Marketing, Engineering, Programmatic Advertising, and Events teams to sell comprehensive solutions across the entire Blavity ecosystem.
- Prepare monthly Sales reports, forecast and manage pipelines using CRM tools, and communicate clear reporting to senior management and executives.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals on a monthly basis across web, mobile, video, content, social media, and live events.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience: 3+ years of media sales experience and meeting and/or exceeding quotas. Also experience closing business with Fortune 500 businesses and agencies.
- Other Experience: Exceptional client relationship and campaign management experience; experience establishing relationships with brands and agencies, especially in the multicultural media planning space.
- Technologies: Fluent in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Salesforce, or equivalent
- Competencies: General knowledge of financial concepts and principles; product knowledge; industry knowledge; budgeting/forecasting; business acumen, ability to analyze and draw actionable conclusions for financial and marketing data; self-starter; comfort with high level of responsibility; flexible/adaptable; resilient; rapport building; strategic prospecting; influential; communicates effectively written/orally active listener; time management; closing techniques; company first attitude; ability to work in a fast pact environment; demonstrates cultural and interpersonal effectiveness; brand ambassador; drives execution; passion for results.
- Preferred Interest: A healthy appreciation of GIFs and black culture; passion for the topics covered by Blavity.