Through transformative payments and credential-driven transactions and privileges, Transact partners with institutions to help them make their student and family experience mobile-centric, personal and individualized, and completely connected all across campus. Our open enterprise-class cloud platform enables mission-critical capabilities that translate into superior student and family experiences, integration with every aspect of campus life, and richer institutional insight.
This connected campus experience includes integrated tuition and fee payments, comprehensive dining and retail credential-driven transactions, configurable security and privilege management, and automated attendance and events. At each interaction across these capabilities, capture meaningful data so campus leaders can make informed decisions and take proactive action. Transact solutions easily integrate with your campus systems and partners with a broad, open ecosystem, maximizing existing investments, evolving quickly, and delivering a personalized solution.
Transact is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and has served the education community for over twenty-five years. Visit transactcampus.com to learn more.
This role focuses on Cashnet, which offers colleges and universities one comprehensive platform to manage the campus payment experience. Cashnet provides secure transaction services to over 700 campuses in Higher Education, reaching 5 million students nationwide. The robust suite of solutions rests on a PCI-compliant platform that is seamlessly integrated to adapt to the most challenging Higher Ed environments.
As Account Executive, you will be primarily responsible for new client acquisition exclusively in the Cashnet Payments Solution business. You will meet or exceed sales objectives of the assigned territory by promoting and selling the Cashnet suite of enterprise-class payments products and services through a consultative selling approach that effectively aligns the products to customer business objectives, while demonstrating a quantifiable value proposition for the customer.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Generating new sales into accounts currently not licensing the Cashnet product suite
- Meeting and exceeding established sales quotas
- Making prospecting a part of the regular routine, ensuring that new prospects are being added to the pipelines on a consistent basis
- Managing a complex, enterprise sales process with a 12-24 month purchasing cycle
- Expanding the revenue opportunity within new accounts by selling incremental follow-on business after the initial contract date
- Taking on the role of "Virtual CEO" on all RFPs by working with the RFP team to have a complete understanding of the institution needs. This includes understanding of the platform the institution requires, price sensitivity, incumbent product, potential objections or concerns, our strategic value proposition, and any other relevant information necessary for a successful sales process
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills. Attending training events throughout the year and participating in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate
- Being well-informed about current campus and payments industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the industry
- Becoming familiar with all partner relationships and how they relate to sales
- Becoming proficient with Salesforce.com and effectively using the Salesforce automation tool to enter all sales information into this system to support accurate and proper forecasting/reporting
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars, and trade shows
- Preparing written presentations, reports, and price quotations
- Assisting in contract negotiations
- Managing sales pipeline
- Effectively and efficiently employing resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle, matching level for level to grow and advance the sale
- Defining and executing territory sales plans
- Developing positive relationships with other employees in Marketing, Product Support, Global Services, Finance, Engineering, and other departments
- Collaborating with colleagues and supporting the overall team effort within the sales organization to ensure that knowledge and expertise is leveraged throughout the sales team
- 5+ years of experience in software sales and integration of software systems
- Knowledge of the Higher Ed market
- Successfully sold services or intangible products into a variety of environments with multiple layers and multiple decision-makers/buyers where decision by committee is common
- Successful achievement of quotas, using a consultative selling methodology
- Can manage a pipelines of 25+ accounts at any given time
- Can work in a team environment
- Proven success prospecting; building a pipeline; moving opportunities through the sales cycle; and proposing, presenting, and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers
- A bachelor's degree is strongly preferred
- This position requires the AE to work out of a home office
- Travel: 50-60%+