Account Executive (Indiana)
Working side-by-side with our clients, Blackboard is the market leader in Educational Technology platforms across the globe. Our academic, commerce, communication and security solutions are targeted to primary, secondary and post-secondary institutions, delivering highly engaging, high quality learning experiences that ensure strong outcomes, educator efficiency and cost savings through shared services and state-of-the-art technology. More than 20 million users experience Blackboard for online teaching and learning, campus and community engagement, sharable content collaboration, mission critical communication and commerce and security services, integrating Web-enabled student services with mission-critical business processes and back office systems.
The Blackboard North America Higher Education Sales Team is experiencing exciting changes! The Account Executive (AE) will play an integral role in the success of the group. The AE is responsible for exceeding software and services sales targets to higher education clients while building long-term customer relationships.
Specifically the AE isresponsiblefor
- Acting on behalf of Blackboard as the primary sales interface.
- Expanding the portfolio of Blackboard solutions and services within assigned clients by identifying, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities.
- Developing and managing executive-level relationships with the client.
- Conducting quarterly onsite client business reviews (including preparation and follow-up).
- Operationalizing annual plans with the assistance of solutions engineers, product specialists, sales management and other functional leads as appropriate.
- Working in concert with Product Sales organization to align specific solutions to client needs while carrying an overlay quota.
- Meeting and exceeding set sales quotas while adhering to Blackboard's sales rules of engagement.
- Leveraging Salesforce.com to maintain a growing pipeline while adhering to Blackboard’s forecasting methodology.
- This position is best suited for someone who enjoys developing deep relationships but working on positioning new products and services to existing clients as a higher percentage of their day-to-day time
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Minimum 8years of experience in consultative selling & relationship management in an enterprise/solution and/or technical sales environment required
- Strong knowledge of the higher education sector and eLearning sector strongly preferred
- Fluency in building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other executive decision-makers
- Highly developed client service and client satisfaction focus required
- Experience and ability in operating within a fast-paced, multi-disciplined virtual team
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills required
- 40-50% travelrequired