In our highly dynamic, fast-paced environment the Account Executive - Business Development, Western Canada is responsible for developing and executing a plan on designated Business Development opportunities by supporting the ongoing sales to Public Sector customers in Western Canada. Your success with our customers contributes to our growth strategies and ensures we lead the market with thought leadership and a premier sales force.
Who We Are:
TELUS Health is Canada’s leading provider of comprehensive and integrated solutions for the transmission, adjudication and administration of drug, dental and extended health benefit claims and is at the forefront of new industry trends delivering greater value to our customers. We have invested over 1.8 billion dollars in the past 10 years to acquire and develop innovative technological solutions that facilitate the sharing of information between healthcare professionals, insurers, plan sponsors and consumers.
As the industry leader in benefit management solutions, TELUS Health provides insurers access to a full spectrum of programs, offering plan sponsors the ability to better manage rising healthcare costs. Our goal is simple: to facilitate the design of more flexible and effective insurance plans to better manage costs.
Who You Are:
You have a deep passion for customers, people and sales success. This success is all possible because you optimize strong sales methodology and planning, and focus relentlessly on inspiring and investing in the capability of our team members. You can rally to a common purpose and inspire confidence and trust in our vision. In your world, the org chart is upside down, you being at the bottom of the pyramid bringing support, strength and wisdom. You are a great simplifier and know well that today’s top sale leaders leverage data and insights to deliver on results.
- Develop strategies and plans for Business Development
- Responsible for identifying and developing strategic relationships with key Public Sector customers and prospects
- Develop strategies and marketing plans for new and existing clients and partners
- Work with the product group to obtain competitive positioning for our solutions
- Assist in developing programs and initiatives designed to increase revenue from existing accounts
- Developing prospects through networking, attending and participating in trade shows and conferences, public speaking, and other sources
- Preparing and presenting comprehensive and compelling business presentations to various internal and external constituencies including senior client executive in health ministries and organizations
- Working across the matrix to manage company's relationship with various prospects, clients, and partners
- Complete Account Plans for designated accounts
- Deep understanding of the Canadian Public Sector IM/IT market
- Deep understanding of the Canadian Health Care challenges and priorities is an asset
- Deep knowledge of health information management and technology strategies and solutions including insight into competitive offerings, customer strategies and industry trends and direction
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to cold call prospects, identify and qualify opportunities before engaging specialized subject matter experts internally
- High comfort level in group and one-on-one presentation environments
- Self-starter who can manage a wide variety of projects
- Ongoing participation in the due diligence process for targeted companies
- Assist in RFP process including: Opportunity Assessment and Qualification, Conduct Scoping/Validation, Develop RFP Response
- Understanding the concepts of data analytics and how they can be applied in a sales/marketing or research department
- Works very well in a team environment
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- MBA or Honours BA in business or marketing, or equivalent relative experience
- 10-15years of experience selling solutions to the Canadian Public Sector
- Record of achievement in successfully meeting business development objectives
- Demonstrated success in executing an account plan with minimal direction
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Ability to travel in support of account plans
- The successful candidate will have accountability to lead strategie opportunities from their conception to contract negocation/completion.