VP of Operations - CNC Machining - 27048529
15+ years experience • Software
VP of Operations - CNC Machining - IN - 27048529
Are you a Director/VP of Operations who has a strong background managing production, manufacturing engineering, materials/logistics, production planning, purchasing, and maintenance/facilities in a low volume/high mix CNC machining manufacturing environment? Are you a Director/VP of Operations who has strong experience in a non automotive lean manufacturing environment of high employee involvement? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client's business is strong, and their business spans a variety of industries including construction, forestry, agriculture, airport/ground support, and specialty vehicles. Customers include both an OEM market and an aftermarket. Our client is introducing new technology and is entering new markets which includes increased expansion with a stronger focus into global markets. With this growth our client is adding a VP of Operations. In this role you will have three direct reports and up to 100 indirect reports in a job shop, non union, non automotive environment. In this role, reporting to the Business President you will have the appropriate authority and responsibility to provide technical support to the Customer Fulfillment and Customer Satisfaction Processes of the Business.
Functional responsibility shall include all Manufacturing Processes including CNC machining, Gear Cutting, Grinding, Heat Treat and assembly; Assembly; Shipping/Receiving/Logistics; Production Planning and Master Scheduling; Purchasing/Inventory Management and Strategic Sourcing; Manufacturing Engineering; and Maintenance/Facilities Manager.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and development of the team aspect of the workforce
- Manages the manufacturing equipment and personal assets of the Company to achieve Customer On-Time-Delivery, Lead time, Productivity and Total Costs of Manufacturing objectives
- Provides leadership to the Manager of Operations by establishing daily, weekly, monthly, and annual production goals based on the backlog and forecasts.
- Provides leadership to the Materials/Production Control Manager to maximize inventory turns, promote inventory accuracy, and maintain responsiveness to Customer On-Time Delivery and Lead Times.
- Provides leadership to the Maintenance/Facilities Manager to ensure plant equipment is adequately maintained and capable of supporting production requirements and productivity levels.
- Provides leadership to the Manager of Operations to evaluate new equipment, processes, and techniques to drive continuous improvement to reduce setup times, scrap, rework, and total cost of goods.
- Provides leadership to the Company's lean manufacturing program including such initiatives as 6S programs, Kaizen Events, Value Stream Mapping, Management by Face, and Continuous Improvement teams.
- Coordinates with the Director of Engineering and Quality Assurance to support new product launches, production prototype or engineering level products.
- Provides leadership to all direct reports to maintain and execute training and motivational programs for all employees within the department.
- Assists Accounting in the establishment of work center standard costing, manning and equipment requirements for development of financialbudgets.
- Works withSales and Marketing to aggressively support customer services and responsiveness to customer requests and inquiries.
- Performs annual performance appraisals of all direct reports. Recommends when necessary Performance Improvement Plans and/or disciplinary action and works with Human Resources to properly and consistently administer
- Supports adherence to Quality Policies and Systems to maintain controls and ISO certifications.
- Provides monthly and quarterly Management Review reports/and or metrics to report progress to the President and the others on the Senior Leadership Team
Qualifications & Requirements
- BS Mechanical Engineering, with an engineeringdegree strongly preferred.
- MBA strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Minimum of 15years in plant/operations management experience in a CNC machining and assembly environment.
- Strong non- automotive experience
- Ability to move into a General Manager/President role in the next 5years.
- Gear cutting experience a big plus.
- Experience in a “job shop,” low volume/high mix product line environment a MUST.
- Experience with an engineered product
- Experience managing inventory management and material sourcing, manufacturing engineering, and maintenance/facilities.
- Off shore International experience a plus.
- Experience leading LEAN and/or Continuous Improvement concepts.
- Strong strategic planning skills.
- Non union experience.
- Solid safety/environmental experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills and/or project management certification.
- Ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams to achieve results. Experience with self directed work team a plus.
- Experience with ISO and/or QS Quality Systems.
- Must be an effective communicator with all levels of the organization
- Able to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is results oriented.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change priorities to be Company and Customer requirements.
- Possess critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to delegate.
- Track record of successfully dealing with situations involving conflict management.
Base Salary: $130,.00 - $180,.00 + (DOE)
Bonus: 20% or higher based on performance
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Benefits: Full comprehensive benefits package
Number of Openings:1
Cube Management is a global recruiting and consulting firm that helps companies accelerate their sales, by providing the top-level talent they need to grow their business. Cube Management is a leading recruiting and consulting partner to emerging growth, mid-market and global companies in the technology, manufacturing, healthcare, consumer package goods and business service sectors. We work across the spectrum of Operations, Sales, Marketing, Safety, Engineering, Accounting and Business Development, providing holistic solutions that drive revenue and profit success. Cube Management combines Strategy, Process and People, to produce great results.