We are currently seeking an Account Executive to join our growing ad sales team in the Northeast region. The AE role will be a strategic partner to the overall Plex ad sales team and our advertising clients. This position plays a key role in serving as the lead day-to-day representative partnering with advertiser/advertising agency relationships and campaign management. The AE will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and selling clients on Plex advertising value proposition. As part of a fast paced sales environment, this position requires strong communication skills, strong attention to detail and a passion for working within an entrepreneurial ad supported streaming platform.
This role reports directly to the Director, Advertising Sales Northeast Region and works in partnership with Ad Operations,Marketing and our Ad Product team to deliver the maximum value for our advertising partners across the East Coast. Position will be fully remote but candidate must reside in the NYC/Tristate area. Candidate also must be willing to work within Plex’s NYC ad sales office on occasion including executing client presentations/meetings in-person with buyers and advertisers.
What you'll do
- Understand and effectively communicate Plex’s value proposition, technology advantages and emerging ad supported streaming AVOD and FAST platforms to advertisers and assigned ad agencies
- Develop advertiser and agency contacts and cultivate relationships at all levels to influence buying decisions
- Responsible for driving new sales and expanding existing sales across Plex’s ad supported FAST and AVOD platforms
- Work closely with other internal teams to build sales proposals that focus on your clients business objectives and present the most relevant information to support Plex’s market position
- Become a brand ambassador in building marketplace awareness for Plex while driving business relationships with clients
- Mentorship and training of other Account Managers throughout your assigned territory
What you bring to the table
- 5-7 years experience in digital advertising sales /selling to brand advertisers and agency leaders; CTV/OTT preferred
- Experience in selling premium video advertising
- Strong desire for collaboration, creative ideation and proactive client engagement
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other leading CRM platforms, Excel, PowerPoint and various reporting platforms
- Entrepreneurial and intrinsically driven to work in a fast paced, ad supported growing streaming environment
- You are hungry to make an impact, continuously working to improve our product and process
- A demonstrated history of meeting and exceeding annual revenue targets
- Open to traveling within the northeast region for in person client meetings and conference functions
Who we are
Plex is a global streaming media platform that gives millions of customers around the world the freedom to enjoy all the content they love in one simple, beautiful app. Our vision is to empower real human connection by bringing people and entertainment together. So, we’re on a mission to create a global community for streaming content that people can depend on to easily discover, experience, and share all of the entertainment that matters to them.
What sets us apart
- We are the largest independent streaming platform built by a global team of employees who are fanatically passionate about delivering the highest quality, most unified, and user-friendliest entertainment experience possible.
- We have always been a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in nearly 20 different countries and 11 time zones.
- We host epic in-person off-sites to bring team members together a few times a year.
- We are passionate about our mission and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We are committed to improving the communities where we live and work with charitable contributions, partnerships, and service.
- Plex hires new team members in countries around the world.
- All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our hiring team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
- Also, please note, though we largely work asynchronously, as it relates to meetings, those generally occur in UTC -7 to UTC -4
The Plex Values
- Be kind, humble, and helpful.
- Approach problems with curiosity, creativity, and flexibility.
- Put yourself on the customer’s couch.
- Be a good steward. Like a boss!
- Build relationships to ensure healthy debate.
- Foster a global and diverse team spirit.
- Show gratitude and give back.
- Seek balance for yourself and Plex.