The Handshake Account Executive is responsible for growing the existing Aderant account base and acquiring new accounts within their area of responsibility. The AE position is field based, requiring excellent face to face, telephone and writing skills. The successful AE draws on their high level of initiative and ability to apply strong business acumen to conduct a thorough needs analysis within their accounts and develop relationships with senior leaders within each firm. The successful AE has the ability to develop trust, demonstrate their credibility with all account stakeholders through their knowledge of Aderant’s products and services.
- Demonstrates professional qualities and demeanor that commands attention and respect from large law firms.
- Networks and partners with prospects and customers both over the phone and in person in order to build confidence and develop win/win solutions; proactively stays on top of additional sales opportunities while navigating through customer organizations, balances frequency of contact with potential for new sales.
- Possesses strong ability to create sales approaches and solutions; tries different and novel ways to deal with customer challenges and opportunities; while working with an extended internal team, takes courses of action or develops client solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Builds credibility by working as a strong team player and through powerful formal presentations. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with prospects, customers and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Exhibits a deep knowledge of Aderant offerings; Relishes ongoing, self-initiated learning, assimilates new information quickly, welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business with a concentration in finance, marketing, sales management or supply chain management preferred.
- 5+ years of experience selling at the C-level or to business owners.
- Proven sales quota attainment track record.
- Proven new business development skills.
- Outstanding presentation, facilitation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding customer-focused Account Management skills.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and organizational skills
- Experience with Knowledge Management in the legal vertical a plus.