451 Research, an independent IT analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, is seeking an account executive to serve our financial service clients. This position will involve prospecting and closing new clients as well as some retention of existing clients. The position is based in Boston and offers a competitive total compensation package and room for growth within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree with an excellent academic track record, strong communication and relationship management skills and five or more years of experience interacting with clients. Knowledge of the technology industry or syndicated research services is a plus, and prior experience servicing or supporting the financial industry is a highly preferred.
- Generate new sales opportunities through systematic prospecting, outbound calls and trial management.
- Question and uncover prospects' unique business needs in order to manage the trial process, tailoring information that 451 Research provides to those needs.
- Clearly and effectively work with the Vice President of Sales to demonstrate 451's value proposition through in-person and over the phone presentations.
- Consistently achieve monthly sales targets and quarterly goals.
- Liaise with client services to ensure clients gain maximum value from research relationships.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of professional experience preferred, 2 – 3 years in client- facing roles.
- Direct sales experience preferred.
- Understanding of basic financial principles and key markets of the financial landscape
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (phone experience a must).
- Experience with all MS office applications, a CRM software, and a proven ability to be resourceful leveraging technology and web platforms for enhanced due diligence.